The Carlos standing ovation

Blue Army said:
typicalcity68 said:
I can't believe you are dissing Carlos. He was immense, as ever.

He was the main reason we didnt win yesterday, not Mancini.

Congratulations, I think you may have just won the "Dumbest Post in Bluemoon History" award with that post. A lone out and out striker was the reason we didn't win? The only person to actually generate some decent chances on net? Good grief.

The manager's tactics are too blame for this game, no matter how he paints it. It's not indicative of him being a good manager or bad manager, just he got it wrong today. It happens.

macmanson said:
Blue Army said:
He was the main reason we didnt win yesterday, not Mancini.

Congratulations, I think you may have just won the "Dumbest Post in Bluemoon History" award with that post. A lone out and out striker was the reason we didn't win? The only person to actually generate some decent chances on net? Good grief.

The manager's tactics are too blame for this game, no matter how he paints it. It's not indicative of him being a good manager or bad manager, just he got it wrong today. It happens.

The lone out and out striker had decent chances in the 2nd half, who fault is it that he missed them?

The tactics generated plenty of chances to win the game, do you blame the manager for them being missed?

I remember last season when mancicni was guiding us we put 3 past birmingham in the first 15 minutes.

I still have faith in his tatics.

Blue Army said:
macmanson said:

The lone out and out striker had decent chances in the 2nd half, who fault is it that he missed them?

The tactics generated plenty of chances to win the game, do you blame the manager for them being missed?

Tactics that require the individual brilliance of a single player or two to win the game for you are prone to failure due to lack of luck. Carlos isn't going to convert every single opportunity that comes his way and we should have different answers for it with the amount we have invested in our squad.

A lesser squad than this had no problem banging in 3 or 4 in games last season under what alot of people considered an inferior manager. Granted our D might have been shit but we've now gone totally 180 degrees the other way where we don't look like we'll concede but even worse don't look like we'll score. We need to take those chances where we can convert 2 or 3 a game but may make a mistake and let 1 in instead of acting like giving up a goal is the absolute worst mistake we could make.

lancs blue said:
So some of you think Tevez played well enough to deserve a standing ovation?? It was his least effective match for around a year, I'd say. No lack of effort as usual but his touch was poor, his passing off-beam and his shooting wayward.
I'm surprised Tevez can walk at all. He was brutally manhandled by Denilson and Djourou in that Arsenal match, and later the Mulumbu foul on him was criminal and should have been a red.

It seems other teams also think City is a one-man team, and their main strategy has been, "injure Tevez."

I'm concerned about him at this point. A couple of knocks like the ones we've been seeing in the last two weeks, and they're going to snap his kneee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.