The Champions League Isn't All That

de niro said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Threads like this do make me laugh.
When we were shite, and in the old second division, we would have given a testicle to be dining at football's top table.
Now we are there, and good enough to mount a challenge, and folk are falling over themselves to rubbish the competition.
I can't speak for anyone else, but this is the trophy I now want more than anything, as to me being recognised as the best team in Europe trumps being seen as the best team in England.

I just love the away days. fuck the tin pot its bent as fuck.

Exactly. Champions league, Europa league, it's all just an away trip to savour.
To be honest, the football just gets in the way!!

When we were shite, and in the old second division, we would have given a testicle to be dining at football's top table.
Now we are there, and good enough to mount a challenge, and folk are falling over themselves to rubbish the competition.
I can't speak for anyone else, but this is the trophy I now want more than anything, as to me being recognised as the best team in Europe trumps being seen as the best team in England.

More than ANYTHING? So why wouldn't you want to win the World Club Championship? Surely being recognised as the 'World Champions' trumps 'The best team in Europe' doesn't it?

CheethamHillBlue said:

More than ANYTHING? So why wouldn't you want to win the World Club Championship? Surely being recognised as the 'World Champions' trumps 'The best team in Europe' doesn't it?

And how the fuck would we get into the World Club Championship if we fucked the Champions League off, as you want us to do?
Are you sure you've thought this one through?
Being in the Champions League attracts the best players to the club, brings in revenue, improves our profile internationally, and provides the opportunity for us fans to see the best players in Europe.
I'm guessing our owners would quite like us winning it too.

CheethamHillBlue said:

And how the fuck would we get into the World Club Championship if we fucked the Champions League off, as you want us to do?
Are you sure you've thought this one through?
Being in the Champions League attracts the best players to the club, brings in revenue, improves our profile internationally, and provides the opportunity for us fans to see the best players in Europe.
I'm guessing our owners would quite like us winning it too.

Do you have the attention span of a goldfish? You were the one that stated and i quote "this is the trophy I now want more than anything, as to me being recognised as the best team in Europe trumps being seen as the best team in England"
More than anything? Have you thought your comment through before jumping in with a pair of size 9's?
I said 'Why wouldn't YOU want to win the WCC'. Not me.
Apology accepted. ;-)
Now , is it still the C/L for you 'more than anything' or the WCC?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.