The Checkatrade Trophy

I’ve seen on Twitter that Harwood-Bellis was great, any other good performances? Touaizi’s been injured for quite a long time now, so not very surprising that he needs more time to get in form

Good experience thought a bit disappointing we couldn't play a full-strength side though I don't suppose the lads promoted to the 1st team squad at Burton will be complaining.

Nearly 15k, a very good attendance for this competition, and by far the biggest our lads will have played in front of before.

Played pretty well for me, most of the possession all game, but a bit "17 year old" up front, and didn't really create much, but a good work out for a very young team, and great experience.
They're not called Talkshite for nothing although the commentary I heard wasn't too bad tonight.

Good experience thought a bit disappointing we couldn't play a full-strength side though I don't suppose the lads promoted to the 1st team squad at Burton will be complaining.
Well we could have played a full strength team and more of this side tomorrow night if the fa had agreed to change tonight’s fixture till next week,you can bet if other certain clubs had a team at this stage and in a similar position they would have moved it ..

Losing 2-0 against Sunderland isn’t too bad considering that Bolton, Garcia, Sandler, Latibeaudiere, Wilson, Gomes, Poveda, Richards, Nmecha, Matondo and Gonzalez wasn’t even in the squad. Touaizi and Bernabe has just returned from injuries as well

I’ve seen on Twitter that Harwood-Bellis was great, any other good performances? Touaizi’s been injured for quite a long time now, so not very surprising that he needs more time to get in form

I thought Pozo was very good too. The two wingers were very disappointing, and Touaizi was isolated for most of the game. Frimpong looked decent too, so did Rosler (who seems to have grown about 6 inches in the past year - he looked massive!)

I guess it was a decision the management team made to take more senior u21 players to Burton but it must be pretty frustrating for the players and coaches who were hoping to progress in this competition that the matches clashed.

It would be good if Sunderland can get to the final. A day at Wembley is a memorable thing regardless of the competition - I still have palpitations thinking about the Gillingham match!

I thought Pozo was very good too. The two wingers were very disappointing, and Touaizi was isolated for most of the game. Frimpong looked decent too, so did Rosler (who seems to have grown about 6 inches in the past year - he looked massive!)
Really like the look of Pozo. Just afraid that he will be too lightweight to make it here

Went to the game a good performance technically much better than the mackems, bossed possession passed it well, no real goal threat they were bigger stronger and more street wise than us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.