The Checkatrade Trophy

Can't begrudge the Mackems the win. Their fans deserve to go through for turning out in such numbers.

Can't begrudge the Mackems the win. Their fans deserve to go through for turning out in such numbers.

Sunderland are very poor not sure how many 1st teamers they had out, but if I was a mackem I would have been embarrassed watching my team get bossed by a bunch of kids

Sunderland are very poor not sure how many 1st teamers they had out, but if I was a mackem I would have been embarrassed watching my team get bossed by a bunch of kids
Not to mention wasting time, the fans there were screaming for everything too.

If my maths is good, they had 2 starters from their last league game, and they brought on 2 others that started that game, also 5 started tonight who were on the bench in that game.

Not to mention wasting time, the fans there were screaming for everything too.

If my maths is good, they had 2 starters from their last league game, and they brought on 2 others that started that game, also 5 started tonight who were on the bench in that game.
I wouldn't knock anyone who turns out to support their side.....as long as they are not barracking our young players. 15k is well impressive.

I wouldn't knock anyone who turns out to support their side.....as long as they are not barracking our young players. 15k is well impressive.
Where was I knocking them for turning up ? In fact.....
Nearly 15k, a very good attendance for this competition, and by far the biggest our lads will have played in front of before.

Just caught the Sunderland highlights on the skysports website.

I say Sunderland highlights because it gives the impression we didnt get a kick of the ball all night.

Just caught the Sunderland highlights on the skysports website.

I say Sunderland highlights because it gives the impression we didnt get a kick of the ball all night.

We didn’t have a single shot on target to be fair, and created barely nothing either.

Of the starting XI only one I would say wasn't a first team player and that was Mbunge-Kimpioka. Of the 7 on the bench only Daniel Neil and Lee Connelly weren't first team squad members.

I was there. I was so looking forward to it because of who we were playing and fortunately my enthusiasm got rewarded. This was a big deal and a big night for me and we got the win. It isn't often we have been in that position. This EFL Trophy. I am a traditionalist at heart. Those who say it as well as the FA Cup and (as I like to call it with some tongue-in-cheek humour because of the times you have won it) Man City Trophy (also known as the League Cup) isn't important really should be surveyed. Ask them long they have been supporting the club they follow. I will be interesting to see how many have supported the club and football for less than say 10 years. I have only been a season card holder since 2005/2006 and a fan since about 1995. But I watched football long before that. I still remember Saint & Greavsie and the old vidi printer on Grandstand and loved the FA Cup finals of the 80's when the pre-match build up included a chat with someone like Jimmy Tarbuck in the bar. To me ALL trophies symbolize success and is a reason and a time to cheer and be happy. They are all reasons to enjoy a bit of the "good times" fans want so much. And given the last 10 years we are in need of that. Just some relief and an escape from the last 10 years of misery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.