The Citizens

I like the Citizens. Over here in Indonesia most locals are quite familiar with the nickname "the Citizens"

sam221985 said:
Only the print media seem to use it. Especially the foreign ones.
True. They also use ManCity a lot. Or "Manchester City" and "Manchester" for Utd.

Best Flag i have seen on tour

Citizens of Manchester

We should have a chant similar to Rangers we are the people. "we are the citizens"

levets said:
Sky website.... modernist not traditionalist.... Sky blue is a 'modern' expression and is completely 100% wrong! Sky blue appearing in chants does not mean it is correct.

Not going to go on about this too much, but Sky Blues has been used. It was very popular in the 30s and even as recently in 1974-5 our official colours were described as Sky Blue shirts in the News Of The World annual. In the 50s other books such as The Encyclopedia of Sport said the same (and the 1934 Topical Times Sporting Annual)

None of us can ever say that the use of a nickname or description of shirt colour is 100% wrong, because it simply takes one person or officially approved publication to use the term.

First pin badge i ever bought as a 9 year old has the crest on and "citizens" underneath it

Obviously this has passed a few of the younger lot on here by, haven't heard it used in a while.

Be good to have a thread of old songs for the younger lot to learn aswell,ill bet there's a few old classics a lot of them haven't heard

when i started watching city - late 60's - we were always referred to as the 'Citizens'. to be honest i just assumed we still were !
i remember taking the piss out of any rag mates i had cos WE were 'Citizens of Manchester' not those from the outer boroughs

We are The Citizens and this has allways been the case - I can remember it being in one of thet Panini Sticker books as well - showing my age there.

if you know your history...."The Citizens"

Just found it on ebay

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus</a>

it goes back to the beggining , when city where founded for the local comunity, hence the nickname, but ive never heard anyone shout it at anygame EVER, pleas someone proove me wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.