The Co-op Live Arena

Had a bit of a glance at the place whilst walking up to the ground yesterday. Genuinely, if you'd told me it was scheduled to open in a couple of months I'd have believed you. There's still pallets of bricks lying around and planks of wood not fixed in place next to the canal bit. It looks miles off being finished.

Good job we're not playing our six fingered friends from Stoke in the final game of the season.

I saw the Eagles back in the 70s and was so disappointed with how lazy and average they were live. I can't imagine how bad they are now.

That video does no more than confirm what I've thought for years... Enjoy the studio albums and if you want to see a live show, go to see a tribute band.

Tribute bands put the hours in to perfect shows, and are increasingly becoming better live than the real thing.

Just play Eagles Greatest Hits in the comfort of your own home, sounds exactly the same plus cheap beer & food

Just play Eagles Greatest Hits in the comfort of your own home, sounds exactly the same plus cheap beer & food
A 3 hour show being shown on Sky arts at the moment- from LA Forum 2015 ish I think.
Found myself fast forwarding through big chunks tbh, about an hour of it was good.

Edit - having just played that YouTube video, it’s the 2018 show - might go back now and watch again!

Last edited:
I saw the Eagles back in the 70s and was so disappointed with how lazy and average they were live. I can't imagine how bad they are now.

That video does no more than confirm what I've thought for years... Enjoy the studio albums and if you want to see a live show, go to see a tribute band.

Tribute bands put the hours in to perfect shows, and are increasingly becoming better live than the real thing.
Apparently quite a few nostalgia bands mime nowadays, these guys are 80ish and can't sing much anymore.

If I was paying big bucks to see them I'd want to know if they were actually playing "live"

It’s the craze now of accusing everyone of either miming or using auto tune on YouTube usually it’s down to people posting crap videos taken on mobiles, with poor transmission.
Love the Eagles music but never realised they were that old must be difficult at that age they must still enjoy performing.

I'm at the elbow gig tonight, really hoping there's a Tele somewhere that I can nip to, otherwise it's incoming messages on the phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.