The coalition has killed the recovery, well done.

This thread is completely inaccurate.

Firstly, nobody can 'kill the recovery' because of a single months results. Would you be posting the opposite if they were above expectations? This is ideological and political point scoring.

Secondly, the economy didn't shrink, it's growth slowed by 0.5%. That's a big difference.

Thirdly, a sample size of a month, considering the weather that we had last month whereby people were snowed in instead of out shopping, takes some of the blame.

I'm no fan of Conservative, Lib Dem or the Labour party, but I am a fan of accuracy and fairness.

Also, for those blaming Labour; the economy went down because of the US mortgage systems; absolutely nobody in British politics, whether Con or Lab could have prevented this. Again, it's just point scoring.

Politics will be much better once people stop treating their political parties like football teams.

JULES said:
yes , lets go back to the good old days of labour, christ they really knew how to run an economy.

Expect the Tories to blame the snow.

Labour never blamed the weather even though they had floods and winters as bad as last year.

(and for the record I am not a card carrying member of the Labour party but I know bad decisions when I see them and Osbourne and the like are making bad decisions, for bad reasons at a bad time.)

fbloke said:
without a dream said:
I can't believe no-one predicted this. Hang on a minute.....

I think anyone with a brain saw this coming so George Osbourne is either a fool or deliberately misled the nation about the impact of his policies.........

this is only the start, once all the council redundancy`s have been completed and the knock on effect on other company`s, unemployment will pick up pace.

this government were warned by a host of ecconomist what effect these council job cut would have on the wider economy.

we are in a mess, in some part by labour, but majorly its a world recession. and a belief in our banks that have ripped us off royally and still are.

at the end of the day our politician of all party`s have fucked it up while making sure they got there expenses. they are after all a shower of cunts

fbloke said:
(and for the record I am not a card carrying member of the Labour party but I know bad decisions when I see them and Osbourne and the like are making bad decisions, for bad reasons at a bad time.)

That's an incredibly presumptuous thing to say, unless you happen to have an Economics degree and access to the Treasury and the Bank of England hiding in your pocket.

There's a programme on Wednesday night that should be interesting called "Posh & Posher:Why Public School Boys Run Britain" presented by Andrew Neil.

By 'interesting', do you mean 'self serving nonsense'?

Focusing on the status of somebody rather then their actions/policies is stupid and harmful to political discourse. This is the reason why we have 3 carbon cutout leaders of the major parties.

Damocles said:

Firstly, nobody can 'kill the recovery' because of a single months results. Would you be posting the opposite if they were above expectations? This is ideological and political point scoring.

Secondly, the economy didn't shrink, it's growth slowed by 0.5%. That's a big difference.

Thirdly, a sample size of a month, considering the weather that we had last month whereby people were snowed in instead of out shopping, takes some of the blame.

I'm no fan of Conservative, Lib Dem or the Labour party, but I am a fan of accuracy and fairness.

Also, for those blaming Labour; the economy went down because of the US mortgage systems; absolutely nobody in British politics, whether Con or Lab could have prevented this. Again, it's just point scoring.

Politics will be much better once people stop treating their political parties like football teams.

or believing there in power for the good of anybody else but themselves

I think the problem with any government, is when they stay in power to long! Conservative did some good things in the 80's amd early 90's and also I thought labour did some excellent stuff under Blaire! I feel on both accounts they stayed on one term to many!

Damocles said:

Thirdly, a sample size of a month, considering the weather that we had last month whereby people were snowed in instead of out shopping, takes soem of the blame.

I need to both correct myself and therefore you Dam'.

The 0.5% CONTRACTION was over a quarter (so if we get a further quarter of NEGATIVE GROWTH we will be back in recession by the accepted economic measures and descriptors)

They are also saying that even without bad weather the economy would have been flat, IE would not have grown.

It seems we are all being affected by the ideology of people who are not going to be power for too long so they are rushing through what they can before a new vote is called.

I applaud the principles of a smaller state and abhorred some of Labours nanny state rules and regulations (ID card for example and them gone saved billions) but doing what they are doing now is wrong in every economic sense unless, and here is the kicker, unless you have no real interest in job creation and economic growth at this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.