The colour purple

Thought it was because we use the norman/french spelling of the original latin word color/colur, which the americans reverted to using to simplify the languague, which ties in with the printing press too.

Thought it was because we use the norman/french spelling of the original latin word color/colur, which the americans reverted to using to simplify the languague, which ties in with the printing press too.
Nah, just the money. The Yanks weren't keen on the French (they were still English/Irish/Dutch settlers at heart)

Even when ol' King Louie asked them for help in their own revolution the Americans turned a blind eye.

*pedant mode*

Americans tend to use "color" and "honor" because of an entirely different reason. Money.

Printing words back in days of yore were done by the letter so they removed superflous letters in certain words to reduce the cost, hence the "odd" spellings, that is genuinely the only reason.

And back to my hole I go...
Interesting pouist.

Interesting pouist.
giphy.gif

Loved him in Predator 2
Surely his finest hour was as Officer Roger Murtaugh. Buddy to Martin Riggs (of the Chicago Riggs ),husband to the lovely Trish,and doting father to the even lovelier Rianne,(the one who advertises condoms) as well as Nick and the youngest daughter whose name I can't remember .(Just checked and her name is Carrie) (not the one who eats shite)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.