The Confederations Cup Thread/ City Player Watch.

Mdr said:
didactic said:
Mdr said:
What bothers me is that he doesn't seem to think so. He's been playing at the top level for about 5 minutes and already labelled a pathetic diver.
I just can't take him seriously. I wish people would make a bigger deal out of it, but sadly it's accepted. He is one of those players with an attitude which is what is wrong with football today.

The Spanish do it, Messi does it, Ronaldo does it. On the continent deceiving the ref is an accepted part of the game.

Closer to home Bale does it and so does Young. Neymar is still a fantastic talent and he can get into any team on the planet.

I'm not denying his talent, but it's very hard to take a player seriously or respect him when he constantly cheats. Like I said he's been playing at the top level for all of five minutes and already has a reputation as a cheat and diver. He should not be able to have such a reputation at such a young age. The fact that it is ignored is a sign of acceptance. They aren't trying to stamp it out, like I said, if this boy got sent off (a second yellow) for diving it would teach him I think, I hope, he'd hesitate to do it again.
By lack of action he's been encouraged to cheat. Talent or potential or not, a cheat is a cheat. I'd rather a hard worker than a cheat any day on our team.

It's the way the game is played where they are from. Did you see that run and pass? Neymar will kill La Liga.

bluemathlady said:
Spain looking all disjointed..
Same problem we had last season when we struggled - in central defensive midfield they are too slow to cope with the fast and high pressing of the opposition and they're failing in the game.

Caveman said:
SWP's back said:
Caveman said:
It frustrates me that much I often end up turning over, which frustrates me even more because I love football but I just can't stand the modern game anymore with all the bullshit.
That's been going on for 40 years with the continentals
True. I suppose there's that many of them across all the leagues and so many leagues on tele that I'm exposed to it all the more.

I'm just glad we don't have any at City (now Mario's gone).
Kun never goes down even when he should (though I couldn't have taken watching a pen vs qpr in the 94th minute)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.