The Conservative Party

Ban phones, problem solved
The problem is cultural so banning mobile phones seems a tad draconian. The fact that he accessed the same site twice and the length of time it took for him to come forward and resign speaks more of a culture where men feel comfortable to act so and expect the network of power to protect them. That, for me, is the greater problem and one which will not be solved by banning phones.

A purpose built structure - safe and secure - somewhere around the place where the M1 and the M6 meet handy for the airport - they only problem is those that would have to vote for it include a majority who make millions ££££'s moonlighting at companies and in courts in LONDON

Sorry, why do MPs need to be near the airport and 100 miles away from all the government department offices?

The problem is cultural so banning mobile phones seems a tad draconian. The fact that he accessed the same site twice and the length of time it took for him to come forward and resign speaks more of a culture where men feel comfortable to act so and expect the network of power to protect them. That, for me, is the greater problem and one which will not be solved by banning phones.
There are no needs for phones when in the HoC imo. They are simply a distraction.

They are there to discuss and debate the running of the country and should be giving their attention, not tapping away.

I do agree with you on your latter point

Sorry, why do MPs need to be near the airport and 100 miles away from all the government department offices?

For people - dignitaries and the like - they would appreciate the proximity of an airport AND the MP's couldn't complain it was hard to get to from their constituencies.

Oh of course because its not only Ministers who work in offices in departmental buildings its all the MP's of the serving Govt who go to the offices - I wonder do they hot desk or get allotted a specific Govt department they work at? If so why are we paying for them to have an office in the HoC? Another question would be why has a lot of central govt departmental work over the years been moved out of London ( Bristol used to be a popular location to move offices to ) and why are the current govt committed to moving more out under their levelling up strategy? Final point I'd make is its 2022 - Teams - Zoom and video conferencing all exist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.