The Conservative Party

There isn't enough room if they go further right, she stands no chance against Farage and won't beat him at his own game. Need a centre right rebuild imo.
What they need and what they will do is unlikely to coincide in the near future. At least not until a lot of the old duffers who make up much of the party membership die off.

Just seen anendangered species, one of the last remaining self-servatives MP's on BBC1.
They are still convinced that the electorate are in favour of tax cuts, while public services are unable to cope with what they receive now.
They have, I suppose, 5 years to wake up, but my hunch is that they will move even further in the wrong direction

No chance Labour will call for that. Too many of their seats are vulnerable to the postal vote or revote changing the outcome with some Labour MP margins being wafer thin - 9 Labour MPs have a majority 350 or less with the lowest 2 being Labour MPs with a majority of 15 and 18 votes. The tories have 5 in the same category 350 or less.

James Cleverly is the sensible choice but given the Tory membership voted Truss over Sunak then who knows who they’ll go for…

Forward planning - got to be the first one to launch the batshit podcast/patreon after the election, or you miss out.

They are all lost - you have Nick Ferrari on about Novak Djokovic claiming Padel could kill off tennis. With no political chaos no drama some journalists are going to struggle as all they did was thrive on clickbait

James Cleverly is the sensible choice but given the Tory membership voted Truss over Sunak then who knows who they’ll go for…
I would suggest none of the extant ministers are a good choice. They are all complicit and happy to lie for Johnson, Truss and Sunak. They should wipe the slate clean and look for new candidates

I would suggest none of the extant ministers are a good choice. They are all complicit and happy to lie for Johnson, Truss and Sunak. They should wipe the slate clean and look for new candidates

The difficulty for them would be how many NEW Tory MP's were elected? Of of that small group how many are known or have obvious talent? They need a Cleverley or someone to keep the seat warm so they can identify a new "talent"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.