The Conservative Party/Government

"You can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink " comes to mind.

It will depend how seriously the intention is to learn from the mistakes / poor decisions made is taken by those in authority in order to benefit in the event of a similar situation arising.

Being prepared/unprepared for a pandemic is clearly an important decision to be made for those in authority.
Absolutely. There should a thorough process that should have been mapped out and adhered to.

"You can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink " comes to mind.

It will depend how seriously the intention is to learn from the mistakes / poor decisions made is taken by those in authority in order to benefit in the event of a similar situation arising.

Being prepared/unprepared for a pandemic is clearly an important decision to be made for those in authority.
Should be easy enough to legislate that a review and update is made every 5 years.

I think this is close to what will be the outcome - if you have a plan, make sure you're ready to use the plan.
Don't throw it away without having a replacement first.

If the plan wasn't good enough for covid, that's a whole different matter. I don't think most would expect it to be perfect.

I've not heard of SSCL, but there does only seem to be a tiny choice of service providers on a large scale - so things kept going back to e.g. Capita despite appalling failures, and Carillion. I have no idea if that can be improved, or how.

Apologies ..... SCCL nor SSCL ......Managing Director was Matt Hancock .......whilst Shareholders are the NHS .. it's run as a separate company.

For the last couple of days, I have been reading (factual) books about WWI. What really strikes me is the comparison of politicians then to what we have now. Yes, the old guys had their deficiencies. Asquith was a bit of a procrastinator. Lloyd George turned out to be corrupt - although he had many great qualities. Churchill was a bit wayward. Grey, the Foreign Secretary, had no word of any language but English and hardly ever left this country. Yet, for all their faults, the least of them was twenty times the man of any of the wankers running the government now.

It's like comparing peak Real Madrid with Oswaltwistle Rovers FC.

I met a bloke tonight who we got chatting to. He happened by chance to move on to his worry of Labour taking over whilst not being able to define a woman.

I suggested that wasn’t a left/right issue, but one of tolerance. He disagreed.

Anyway, we were in a venue where the were Unisex loos, which he thought were a good idea as he could be with his partner.

It was also a GLC concert where he was happy to sing along to Your mother’s got a penis, with gusto.

The world certainly is a melting pot.

I met a bloke tonight who we got chatting to. He happened by chance to move on to his worry of Labour taking over whilst not being able to define a woman.

I suggested that wasn’t a left/right issue, but one of tolerance. He disagreed.

Anyway, we were in a venue where the were Unisex loos, which he thought were a good idea as he could be with his partner.

It was also a GLC concert where he was happy to sing along to Your mother’s got a penis, with gusto.

The world certainly is a melting pot.
I’m getting old, I have no idea what most of this means lol.

I’m a FOC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.