The Conservative Party/Government

True, but all it will do is split that share of the vote and probably minimise their number of seats to its lowest possible.

Precisely, all of these polls that predict a complete collapse of the Tory vote necessarily have Reform getting between 11-15%. My opinion is that the slaughter might not be quite so severe, because smaller parties tend to be overrepresented in polling so it wouldn't surprise me if Reform only managed about 8%.

So anything that can actually crystallise that higher vote share into reality would be much welcomed. It could be the difference between "bad", and "Lib Dems are now the opposition". We can dream...

Precisely, all of these polls that predict a complete collapse of the Tory vote necessarily have Reform getting between 11-15%. My opinion is that the slaughter might not be quite so severe, because smaller parties tend to be overrepresented in polling so it wouldn't surprise me if Reform only managed about 8%.

So anything that can actually crystallise that higher vote share into reality would be much welcomed. It could be the difference between "bad", and "Lib Dems are now the opposition". We can dream...
It may come to pass. Maybe this is Farage trying to obliterate the Tories, before offering to become their leader for the next election.

Farage does things for himself only.

Agree, the polling for the Greens tends to slowly rise to over 5% at times outside an election cycle but when it comes to the crunch they tend to get circa 3%.

It may come to pass. Maybe this is Farage trying to obliterate the Tories, before offering to become their leader for the next election.

Farage does things for himself only.
I have no idea what the beef is with Tice and Farage but they clearly don't like each other. Is Farage done with Reform but has no choice but to help them as the gammon party de jeur?

In the past, the Tories have dome less well in the polls because of the 'shy Tories' statistical bias. Or as I like to call it, the 'embarrassed to admit they vote Tory'.

The shake-up of the Tories post election is going to be interesting. There is certainly going to be a battle for supremacy among the One Nation Tories and the far right element.

The Tories have seemingly failed to capture enough far right support to outnumber the right centrists they abandoned. I can imagine if the Tories had stayed where they were in terms of ideology pre Brexit (i.e. centre right) they would lose considerably fewer seats in July.

If Labour do give 16 and 17 year olds the vote, it could be a long time until the Tories are in Government. I expect they would certainly have to shift left to do so or at least not look to continually make life shite for youngsters.

What a surprise…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.