The Conservative Party/Government

Of course some

In 2025 when beer karma tries to enact change? Omg you think this pandering idiot will be pm?
Is your username on here the same as your Twitter bot account name?

(I recognise you’ve probably randomly decided to have your date of birth as part of your username)

The Lib Dems would sell their grannies for a mere sniff of power as we saw with their coalition with the Tories.
I don’t think that’s completely fair. The only party with enough seats to form a working majority with was the Tories. And that government was so much better than this one, I think, for their presence.

Their big mistake was not digging their heels in for PR. They should have played the long game and pitifully failed.

I don’t think that’s completely fair. The only party with enough seats to form a working majority with was the Tories. And that government was so much better than this one, I think, for their presence.

Their big mistake was not digging their heels in for PR. They should have played the long game and pitifully failed.
It would have needed Plaid Cymru and some Northern Ireland votes, but the LIb Dems could have had a coalition with Labour, and may well have done if Gordon Brown had been willing to stand down as PM.

Of course some

In 2025 when beer karma tries to enact change? Omg you think this pandering idiot will be pm?

Well I once read somewhere that in much of history a PM doesn't get the job so much because of what they say they are going to do different, they get it because everyone is so utterly fed up of the Party in power.

Keir Starmer, if he can avoid a scandal, keep Angela Rayner off the Chardonnay (when microphones are nearby) and ask Diane Abbott not to do any TV or Radio interviews, he probably will become the PM.

All I have tried to say is - when he does, will the people in the Home Office spring into action (maybe return to the office and not wfh!) to support the Labour government, or will they carry on blocking and delaying things, as they have been doing?

I suppose one indicator will be this: Labour have said they too will use Barges to house migrants, will the Fire Brigade Union be ok with it, or will they try to block it as they have this week, with the letter sent to Suella Bravermann?

I suppose one indicator will be this: Labour have said they too will use Barges to house migrants, will the Fire Brigade Union be ok with it, or will they try to block it as they have this week, with the letter sent to Suella Bravermann?
The problem with the barges are that the will be to many people on board who lack the training to do what would be necessary if there was an incident such as a fire. Anyone who has been on a cruise knows that the first thing they do us carry out a lifeboat drill. Having been in the forces the same thing would happen if we were accommodated on board this. There would also be a fire Marshall and a trained fire piquet. One has to ask if enough consideration has taken place as to can 500 people, most of whom would probably have at best English as a second language, could evacuate the barge in time. Most forces personnel would have enough training to evacuate quickly and safely but whether 500 non military personnel would be able to do the same is highly doubtful.

Not that these Tory scum would care.

The problem with the barges are that the will be to many people on board who lack the training to do what would be necessary if there was an incident such as a fire. Anyone who has been on a cruise knows that the first thing they do us carry out a lifeboat drill. Having been in the forces the same thing would happen if we were accommodated on board this. There would also be a fire Marshall and a trained fire piquet. One has to ask if enough consideration has taken place as to can 500 people, most of whom would probably have at best English as a second language, could evacuate the barge in time. Most forces personnel would have enough training to evacuate quickly and safely but whether 500 non military personnel would be able to do the same is highly doubtful.

Not that these Tory scum would care.

I read something similar to this when it first went into the news. Apparently the barge used to house Oil workers (in Scandinavia I think) & if a fire drill were called they would immediately treat it with the it utmost respect (fire being such a danger on a rig) they would assemble quickly and in an orderly manner - partly as it is ingrained behaviour and partly as to not do so, may put at risk their (usually quite well paid) jobs.

That will not be the same with migrants.

In fact, as much as I felt the letter from the Fire Brigade Union was 99% political, 1% of me thinks it is a genuine plea to avoid putting migrants and fire-fighters at risk, because there is a pretty good chance that if the Government ever does get 500 people out of their hotels and onto the Bibby Stockholm - one of them (or perhaps a small group) will set fire to it.

Well I once read somewhere that in much of history a PM doesn't get the job so much because of what they say they are going to do different, they get it because everyone is so utterly fed up of the Party in power.

Keir Starmer, if he can avoid a scandal, keep Angela Rayner off the Chardonnay (when microphones are nearby) and ask Diane Abbott not to do any TV or Radio interviews, he probably will become the PM.

All I have tried to say is - when he does, will the people in the Home Office spring into action (maybe return to the office and not wfh!) to support the Labour government, or will they carry on blocking and delaying things, as they have been doing?

Labour wouldn't put 500 people on a barge designed for 250 for a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.