The Conservative Party/Government

Shower of absolute useless bastards

But minister after minister told us how he ‘got all the big calls right’
Just for once, they they should be called to account and explain exactly what they meant.
If it was a defence for a man who was the laziest, most incompetent, most complacent, most ignorant, most dangerous to this country and its people, and the biggest liar and con-man ever seen in politics, then it’s a bit thin.

Shower of absolute useless bastards

This enquiry, will anything come of it? We will see Johnson and the current Pm go before the hearing before Christmas, I imagine it will be bumbling evasiveness from Johnson which will be car crash. Will any of them actually face any criminal proceedings for what they have done?

This enquiry, will anything come of it? We will see Johnson and the current Pm go before the hearing before Christmas, I imagine it will be bumbling evasiveness from Johnson which will be car crash. Will any of them actually face any criminal proceedings for what they have done?

That isn't the point of the enquiry - it's to find out what was poorly done and how can it be improved.

That isn't the point of the enquiry - it's to find out what was poorly done and how can it be improved.

If only they had followed the recommendations of the Exercise Cygnus reports which

But they couldn't because they had hollowed out the NHS and there wasn't enough health workers. In addition they (SSCL Ltd) had outsourced the storage and management of PPE and HCID PPE to the subsidiary of an American Postal company which had no experience of the storage, management and maintenance of PPE / HCID PPE . Hence no PPE.

If only they had followed the recommendations of the Exercise Cygnus reports which

But they couldn't because they had hollowed out the NHS and there wasn't enough health workers. In addition they (SSCL Ltd) had outsourced the storage and management of PPE and HCID PPE to the subsidiary of an American Postal company which had no experience of the storage, management and maintenance of PPE / HCID PPE . Hence no PPE.

I think this is close to what will be the outcome - if you have a plan, make sure you're ready to use the plan.
Don't throw it away without having a replacement first.

If the plan wasn't good enough for covid, that's a whole different matter. I don't think most would expect it to be perfect.

I've not heard of SSCL, but there does only seem to be a tiny choice of service providers on a large scale - so things kept going back to e.g. Capita despite appalling failures, and Carillion. I have no idea if that can be improved, or how.

Once completed, it’ll be filed under Lessons learned and never discussed again.

"You can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink " comes to mind.

It will depend how seriously the intention is to learn from the mistakes / poor decisions made is taken by those in authority in order to benefit in the event of a similar situation arising.

Being prepared/unprepared for a pandemic is clearly an important decision to be made for those in authority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.