The Conservative Party/Government

That’s not really fair, or true. It was Cameron who legalised gay marriage.

(I’m a Blairite Labour voter so have no reason to defend them really)

The conservatives as a whole were the main opposition to it though, more voted against it rather than for it.

The conservatives as a whole were the main opposition to it though, more voted against it rather than for it.
I agree there's some unpleasant and backwards views amongst them but a bit of credit where it's due that's all - to be fair to him Cameron stood up to the nutters in his party and pushed through a piece of important and progressive legislation. (And as someone else above said, building on the groundwork laid by the Blair government when they introduced civil partnerships).

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, let's go back to ripping the piss out of Liz Truss.

I agree there's some unpleasant and backwards views amongst them but a bit of credit where it's due that's all - to be fair to him Cameron stood up to the nutters in his party and pushed through a piece of important and progressive legislation. (And as someone else above said, building on the groundwork laid by the Blair government when they introduced civil partnerships).

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, let's go back to ripping the piss out of Liz Truss.

I agree about Cameron, I do think the state of the whole party has to be considered as well though. Would also have been interesting to see if he’d done it if they weren’t in coalition government at the time.

I agree about Cameron, I do think the state of the whole party has to be considered as well though. Would also have been interesting to see if he’d done it if they weren’t in coalition government at the time.
I think he'd have still pushed it through to be fair. From what I've read in various political history books, including by people who aren't big fans of his, it was a policy he genuinely felt strongly about.

His mrs was/is a big supporter of LGBT stuff apparently.

The 13 minutes video where the complainant wants just to cross the road.

I've been to a CND march where the police were stopping people (including me) crossing a Thames bridge to join the march and I've been at a demo with someone on a one-person counter demonstration. Who's being provocative?

Braverman has just done an interview on Radio 4 without having seen the full video.
Yeah, 'just happened to be walking past'' my arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.