The Conservative Party

Conor Burns (NI Sec) now trying to frame that there were no ongoing complaints when Pincher was given a job, so all is forgiven about past behaviour.
Also continuing this week's wheeze that the election was Johnson being elected, and not that it was the Conservatives that were elected. We don't elect PMs, but this is how the ongoing defence is being framed.
The shrill cries of those on the right are only going to get more piercing. They know that without Johnson their hardest Brexit dreams are finished, and the threat of a General Election is as much for their colleagues as they’ll risk losing their seats.

Johnson is finished but can labour on unless the 1922 Committee removes him, yet even if he does survive for now, he has no control to legislate.

On this day of glorious memes & sharp political cartoons a friend of mine (the rabbit anti-Tory who became radicalised over Brexit) is sending me old Sean Lock videos (again).

He flubbed in the middle, but I thought it was generally okay.
It can't be easy to stand up amongst your colleagues that you still work with and slating the most senior of them.
Think he should have just stuck to the point of his resignation and withheld the personal burnishing. Bits of it were good but other bits were like an Apprentice candidate making his despairing plea to be saved.

The shrill cries of those on the right are only going to get more piercing. They know that without Johnson their hardest Brexit dreams are finished, and the threat of a General Election is as much for their colleagues as they’ll risk losing their seats.

Johnson is finished but can labour on unless the 1922 Committee removes him, yet even if he does survive for now, he has no control to legislate.
The NI protocol issue is going to be interesting to say the least.
With the lying fraud being in advanced ‘lame-duck’ condition, he cannot go on with the idea that he can take on the EU and the USA over NI and the GFA. and by extension brexit itself.
Whoever takes over is going to handed the most poisoned of poisoned chalices.

The NI protocol issue is going to be interesting to say the least.
With the lying fraud being in advanced ‘lame-duck’ condition, he cannot go on with the idea that he can take on the EU and the USA over NI and the GFA. and by extension brexit itself.
Whoever takes over is going to handed the most poisoned of poisoned chalices.
The country is already economically goosed and it’s only going to get worse. I’m not even sure there is a candidate from within the party that has an alternative plan or could do significantly better. It’s taken many years and many mistakes to get the country where it is, and no party has the means or wherewithal to resolve that quickly. Indeed, I‘m pretty sure the Opposition parties would probably prefer to wait until 2024-25 before inheriting the mess.

Tad ironic that Johnson has been set on clobbering everyone else, yet it’s his own people that will club him to political death.

Conor Burns (NI Sec) now trying to frame that there were no ongoing complaints when Pincher was given a job, so all is forgiven about past behaviour.
Also continuing this week's wheeze that the election was Johnson being elected, and not that it was the Conservatives that were elected. We don't elect PMs, but this is how the ongoing defence is being framed.
Yeah, talk of his "personal mandate". I'm not sure what happens is a PM does not have the confidence of a majority of MPs, but will not resign. Series 9 of The Crown, no doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.