The Conservative Party

He won because the country was forced to choose between one blinked idiot in Corbyn and another blinkered idiot in Johnson. They saw Johnson as the lesser of two evils, rightly or wrongly.

I would like to think that while he is seen as being a bit "boring", your average voter is intelligent enough to recognise Starmer is at least a grownup.

A moderate Labour / Lim Dem coalition would be my desired outcome of an election.

I kinda agree with your first point. However Johnson especially before the last election was popular with lots of voters. You can’t deny he wasn’t a part of their landslide

I don’t see the appeal in Labour or starmer. I think Labour are a poor opposition who should be winning any polling or election, but they aren’t

Last edited:
The situation they are in is ridiculous. They won one of the largest majorities in decades, have an incredibly weak opposition and still manage to implode.

I know Johnson is unpopular, but he is still a huge reason why they won the last election. I don’t think they will win without him.

I’d like the Lib Dems to win if an election is forced, but that’s fantasy land
The Lib Dem Manifesto is the most rational of them all. But we can only dream.

My local MP was housing minister (not sure he's done anything of note) and he resigned today.

He won because the country was forced to choose between one blinked idiot in Corbyn and another blinkered idiot in Johnson. They saw Johnson as the lesser of two evils, rightly or wrongly.

I would like to think that while he is seen as being a bit "boring", your average voter is intelligent enough to recognise Starmer is at least a grownup.

A moderate Labour / Lim Dem coalition would be my desired outcome of an election.
I think a lot was to do with him "getting Brexit done", whereas Corbyn sat on the fence (as opposed to 2017 when he campaigned on the lines of getting it done and got a lot closer to May than he did Johnson). The public were sick of the impasse over Brexit and he practically got in on that ticket alone IMO.

It might sound mad but even some Remainers wanted Brexit sorted. My boss is a pretty staunch Remainer and had gotten to the stage where he wanted it done. He's also a Tory so naturally voted for Johnson. Yet I voted for Brexit and had gotten to the stage where I didn't want it done, and besides Brexit I wasn't going to vote for Johnson in a million years, especially after he prorogued parliament. I couldn't stand Corbyn either and there was nothing about Swinson that appealed to me so I walked into the polling station and scrawled "NONE" across my ballot paper!

This time round I'll be happy to give Starmer my vote.

I'm not sure Starmer has done enough to win an election still though. He should be seen as the PM in waiting by this point, but there's still so many more questions than answers about Labour policy. The Lib Dems could very well win huge numbers just because people aren't willing to shift to Labour but also wont vote Conservative again. We could end up with the coalition you desire, which I'd also like to see.

I think a lot was to do with him "getting Brexit done", whereas Corbyn sat on the fence (as opposed to 2017 when he campaigned on the lines of getting it done and got a lot closer to May than he did Johnson). The public were sick of the impasse over Brexit and he practically got in on that ticket alone IMO.

It might sound mad but even some Remainers wanted Brexit sorted. My boss is a pretty staunch Remainer and had gotten to the stage where he wanted it done. He's also a Tory so naturally voted for Johnson. Yet I voted for Brexit and had gotten to the stage where I didn't want it done, and besides Brexit I wasn't going to vote for Johnson in a million years, especially after he prorogued parliament. I couldn't stand Corbyn either and there was nothing about Swinson that appealed to me so I walked into the polling station and scrawled "NONE" across my ballot paper!

This time round I'll be happy to give Starmer my vote.

I agree. The general public was fed up with brexit and wanted it sorted out. I think brexit was a huge factor in why the tories won. Any party that restarts the brexit debate will lose in my opinion. Let’s move on from it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.