The Conservative Party

The situation they are in is ridiculous. They won one of the largest majorities in decades, have an incredibly weak opposition and still manage to implode.

I know Johnson is unpopular, but he is still a huge reason why they won the last election. I don’t think they will win without him.

I’d like the Lib Dems to win if an election is forced, but that’s fantasy land

The situation they are in is ridiculous. They won one of the largest majorities in decades, have an incredibly weak opposition and still manage to implode.

I know Johnson is unpopular, but he is still a huge reason why they won the last election. I don’t think they will win without him.

He won more because he was up against a feeble corbyn and promising to get brexit done and project fear , the bus lie etc , we have no idea if he would have won at all let alone so well without those things in play

With the opportunity he had, it was a wasted speech. It needed to be short and to the point. He started okay, but needed to go from his own experiences and values straight into why Boris' didn't align and then hammer home why change was needed. Instead he ended up having to go back over old ground in order to conclude because of a rambling few minutes where I lost his chain of thought and the point.
As the Germans would say, “genau”.

He won because the country was forced to choose between one blinked idiot in Corbyn and another blinkered idiot in Johnson. They saw Johnson as the lesser of two evils, rightly or wrongly.

I would like to think that while he is seen as being a bit "boring", your average voter is intelligent enough to recognise Starmer is at least a grownup.

A moderate Labour / Lim Dem coalition would be my desired outcome of an election.

He won because the country was forced to choose between one blinked idiot in Corbyn and another blinkered idiot in Johnson. They saw Johnson as the lesser of two evils, rightly or wrongly.

I would like to think that while he is seen as being a bit "boring", your average voter is intelligent enough to recognise Starmer is at least a grownup.

A moderate Labour / Lim Dem coalition would be my desired outcome of an election.

I'm not sure Starmer has done enough to win an election still though. He should be seen as the PM in waiting by this point, but there's still so many more questions than answers about Labour policy. The Lib Dems could very well win huge numbers just because people aren't willing to shift to Labour but also wont vote Conservative again. We could end up with the coalition you desire, which I'd also like to see.

I'm not sure Starmer has done enough to win an election still though. He should be seen as the PM in waiting by this point, but there's still so many more questions than answers about Labour policy. The Lib Dems could very well win huge numbers just because people aren't willing to shift to Labour but also wont vote Conservative again. We could end up with the coalition you desire, which I'd also like to see.
Starmer might not win it but the Tories could lose it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.