The Conservative Party

I hope this is the end of the tories and in time the end of this political system, a party with 43% of the vote (2019), 42% of the vote (2017) and 36% of the vote (2015) has managed to tear the country apart across the last 7 years.
Probably needs to be the other way round. The system has to change and that then leads the Conservatives and Labour to splinter over time. More coalition governments would keep the UK in the centre.

Probably needs to be the other way round. The system has to change and that then leads the Conservatives and Labour to splinter over time. More coalition governments would keep the UK in the centre.

Agreed, I don't think a party with a majority is good for the country, it's too divisive and leads to the mess we're witnessing.

PR is the way to go, meaning we don't have to vote tactically and can instead vote with how we feel.

Agreed, I don't think a party with a majority is good for the country, it's too divisive and leads to the mess we're witnessing.

PR is the way to go, meaning we don't have to vote tactically and can instead vote with how we feel.
Others will argue that it leads to too many coalitions and negotiating paralysis, but, in truth, because the government will almost always be in the centre, then an effective and efficient civil service can keep the country running. It would also mean that fringe parties and extreme views would find a place in Parliament, but given what happened with excluding them and the rise of UKIP, then that should be embraced.

What's the point of this tweet?

January 2025 is a fucking mile away. Labour should be hoping Johnson rides out the storm and keep quiet.
Winter 2022/2023 will be sadly something many remember. They'll remember all the basics they couldn't afford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.