The Conservative Party

Appt tomorrow at cardiology, following the advice I need to cancel due to sore throat and temperature that's become noticable today. Cardiology now only man the phones from 8.30-11.30. So... they won't know I'm cancelling.

Stuck in an eternal loop of fighting for appts I have to cancel because of repeated illness. Five or six people around me have this cough. Enough to send yet another child to the hospital a few days ago. Third child whose been hospitalised for respiratory stuff in the last year? Two others including me hospitalised?

Simple truth - We are not dealing with illness properly. Doctors are now 100% work to rule, which is very simple - if you have a clear course of treatment and monitoring, they will do it. Otherwise, you will be shunted. They have little other choice. Continuity of care, let alone a whole patient approach, has vanished into thin air, in three short years.

This, happening at the same time as ballooning borrowing, has to be the end point of this strand of British Conservativism.

Listen - dyed in the wool Conservative voters. Look in your hearts. Deep down, you know you can't do this any more. That this is one of those times that we all face, were you can't see the problem, let alone understand how to solve it. You're trapped. You need others to come in and take over. You really do. You will feel glad when it's over. Don't stand in the way. I'm no different. If it was 100% my kind of decisions for over a decade, and they stopped bringing me the real problems, stopped challenging me, just told me what I wanted to think, I'd likely watch a nightmare unfold.

No one is any different. Sometimes you can continue down a path, but you shouldn't. You might not know why. You will feel yourself desperately drawn towards continuing. But you can hear, full well, that you shouldn't. That your reasons aren't good enough, aren't the real thing. That's what any reasonable person should understand. That's what makes us responsible adults. That's where we are today. This. Is. Nonsense. Everyone is vulnerable to a certain kind of nonsense. But this, this has gone far enough. The BBC are actively promoting the government's budget. That is not what the BBC is for. And it shows how far everyone is now into pouring honey into each other's ear.

They are not being real with you. This is not how a healthy Britain works.

Please. Don't stand in the way. Just don't prolong your and others misery by continuing to argue. Arguing with others is not the answer. Being real with ourselves, is. Let it go for a few years. Don't stop what needs to happen so this country can avoid utterly pointless suffering. The alternative seems exactly what you have learned to think you could and should never face. But it isn't. It will free you from a terror of your own making.
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that it isn’t just the conservatory party to blame (although they are seriously awful by every measure). There is something fundamentally wrong in this country that is at the heart of our spiralling decline.

we are systemically short term. live for today, think about tomorrow when it comes, lurch from problem to problem. Of course that epitomises the current government but the opposition parties won’t/ can’t tell the truth to the electorate for fear of electoral whipping.

So political manifestos are nothing but a fluff up with a feather duster rather than the deep clean we need.

when you look at what we are facing into it needs short/medium and long term planning which is almost impossible under current political practices.

crashed economy that is skewed almost entirely towards services
decaying public infrastructure - water, rail network, public transport, our roads are third world. We sit on a lake of oil and gas yet have pissed that advantage up the wall

the NHS is on the point of collapse, social care is failing, education standards are slipping everywhere. Crime detection has never been lower

too many children live in poverty. Too many folk live in sub standard accommodation.

on a global scale we have a part to play in the climate emergency and fulfilling our obligations to world peace and national defence

who and how is going to address this with a strategy that doesn’t change with every breath of wind. Who will propose the public investment needed to put this right over the next few decades Rather than kicking the can down the road again and again. Why isn’t this the national conversation rather than stressing about bloody Megan bloody Markle?

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that it isn’t just the conservatory party to blame (although they are seriously awful by every measure). There is something fundamentally wrong in this country that is at the heart of our spiralling decline.

we are systemically short term. live for today, think about tomorrow when it comes, lurch from problem to problem. Of course that epitomises the current government but the opposition parties won’t/ can’t tell the truth to the electorate for fear of electoral whipping.

So political manifestos are nothing but a fluff up with a feather duster rather than the deep clean we need.

when you look at what we are facing into it needs short/medium and long term planning which is almost impossible under current political practices.

crashed economy that is skewed almost entirely towards services
decaying public infrastructure - water, rail network, public transport, our roads are third world. We sit on a lake of oil and gas yet have pissed that advantage up the wall

the NHS is on the point of collapse, social care is failing, education standards are slipping everywhere. Crime detection has never been lower

too many children live in poverty. Too many folk live in sub standard accommodation.

on a global scale we have a part to play in the climate emergency and fulfilling our obligations to world peace and national defence

who and how is going to address this with a strategy that doesn’t change with every breath of wind. Who will propose the public investment needed to put this right over the next few decades Rather than kicking the can down the road again and again. Why isn’t this the national conversation rather than stressing about bloody Megan bloody Markle?
You know why. So many people are making lots of money out of it and the media are complicit with their mega rich owners.

You know why. So many people are making lots of money out of it and the media are complicit with their mega rich owners.
That is an element, but so is our two party first past the post political system and so is the right wing media where it is impossible to hold a reasoned discussion that doesn't fit their corrupt view of the world. Neither of those things are going to change soon.

I was hoping that some would answer this post with sensible thoughts on how things could get better. For the life of me I can't make any realistic and practical proposals.

Why are the media not challenging this utter nonsense, its pure economic illiteracy. There is zero evidence to support this its pure fantasy
No idea, perhaps they’re distracted with something else at the moment…

The Conservatives have ‘solved’ the pending energy crisis by borrowing massively, so this policy is presumably geared at attracting those lost ‘wealth creators’ back to the U.K. from the United States and Asia. That won’t happen overnight, if at all, and those other countries will respond accordingly, so who knows how many will come, particularly when the country is viewed from outside as on a downward trajectory. I think they just want to be seen to be doing something, even if it is merely reheating questionable ideas.

That is an element, but so is our two party first past the post political system and so is the right wing media where it is impossible to hold a reasoned discussion that doesn't fit their corrupt view of the world. Neither of those things are going to change soon.

I was hoping that some would answer this post with sensible thoughts on how things could get better. For the life of me I can't make any realistic and practical proposals.
I agree. What is needed is a long term plan and investment neither is available with our short term, relative, Parliamentary system. What is required is a coalition of all parties to agree to a long term plan but that will not happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.