The Conservative Party

Frame it as "okay, MPs, I want a one name shortlist so we don't need to ask the members".
This is what the chat will have been over the last few days. But the 'wings' of the party will not agree. Their are numerous factions from moderate pro EU Cameronites to full on loonies such as Suella B.

Wile they would all agree this needs done quickly they would all object to each others candidates. What is unclear though is how they resolve the fact that the choice of say 30% of MPs but then the majority of Members might in all likelihood be completely unacceptable to say 50% of MPs.

So you could go through this process and end up back where you started with an MP with no authority and an ideological approach that would fail. If a BJ or a Braverman were to win then you could guarantee that a significant chunk of MPs would rebel from the start, the moderates have just had to bail out the loonies. They wont stand for a 2nd round of it. But you could get a loony push back the other way where a Rishy type gets the gig and the ERG start acting up again as they did to May.

They should install Sunak as prime minister with Mordaunt as Home Secretary and Hunt at the Treasury. Should they lose the election, Mordaunt can then become party leader. Or just call a GE now and be done with it.

Or Mordaunt as PM, Sunak as Chancellor (put a sodding economy man in charge of the economy), and Hunt at Home. I doubt Hunt would be awkward about that.

Tories stop this nonsense right NOW

I'm giving you to the count of three

One......

It actually makes sense for the tories to give it to bojo again lol

1 his popularity with parts of the electorate, will see them rise in the polls.

2 they can quash all talk of a GE by arguing bojo has a mandate.

These really are mad times we are living in.

Last edited:
This is what the chat will have been over the last few days. But the 'wings' of the party will not agree. Their are numerous factions from moderate pro EU Cameronites to full on loonies such as Suella B.

Wile they would all agree this needs done quickly they would all object to each others candidates. What is unclear though is how they resolve the fact that the choice of say 30% of MPs but then the majority of Members might in all likelihood be completely unacceptable to say 50% of MPs.

So you could go through this process and end up back where you started with an MP with no authority and an ideological approach that would fail. If a BJ or a Braverman were to win then you could guarantee that a significant chunk of MPs would rebel from the start, the moderates have just had to bail out the loonies. They wont stand for a 2nd round of it. But you could get a loony push back the other way where a Rishy type gets the gig and the ERG start acting up again as they did to May.

I reckon Brady can do it though - set it at 80 or 100 votes in the first round, and the field is immediately small.

The interesting thing will be whether the loons drop their favoured person (whoever it is) for being too toxic and try for a more moderate option.

I guess much depends on the breakdown between loons/moderates/anti-loons, and which groups get together to decide who wins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.