The Conservative Party

Sounds like an artfully creative piece of word play: "the line can deliver a 33 minute journey".

Just the trains can't and it probably means not stopping anywhere and travelling at maximum speed.

Not sure what "nearly quadruple the capacity" means, but I bet it doesn't work with the 33 minute journey.
47 mins now possible non-stop Victoria to Leeds, and quicker if they electrify, but 33 mins on the present line is nonsense. You can't quadruple the capacity without quadrupling the line, but that would mean (wait for it) tunnelling through the Pennines. Where it used to be four-track, they've slewed the remaining tracks to reduce the curve radius (and the old freight line at Stalybridge has been built on). In short, it's bullshit.

Last edited:
47 mins now possible non-stop Victoria to Leeds, and quicker if they electrify, but 33 mins on the present line is nonsense. You can't quadruple the capacity without quadrupling the line, but that would mean (wait for it) tunnelling through the Pennines. Where it used to be four-track, they've slewed the remaining tracks to reduce the curve radius (and the old freight line at Stalybridge has been built on). In short, it's bullshit.

Wasn't denying it was BS, Shapps was talking.

It just sounded like his usual cherrypicking of random lines and removing the context. He's not even Transport Sec any more, so this must now have moved to Business!

I note that the BBC are over in Albania showing a town that is supposedly emptying out and heading for the dinghy’s.

also why don't they go down to Cornwall or into Norfolk and Suffolk to show the deserted villages there now the season is over and the 2nd homers have shut up shop until next Easter.......... oh wiat they and their friends probably own those second homes there don't they so its a non-story

Yeah I saw that - Tim Davie has successfully turned them into a Tory propaganda machine in short order hasn't he ?
I watched that - the main headline BBC story at 10 - with horror. It’s fine me getting angry because it really should be a long way down the list of big stories today. What matters is that millions of politically disengaged people now think that this is the main news story of the moment: some fantasy alien invasion.

That’s the problem. They actually think they are.
I genuinely don't know what point you are attempting to make other than those over 55 irrespective of who they vote for care about nothing but protecting their wealth. Just for clarity, is that what you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.