The Conservative Party

Apparently, they've had loads of offers from artists to repaint the walls more welcoming. Just about everyone should have been able to predict that that would happen.

Guy Venables the lead cartoonist was on James O'Brien today. They are currently stalling saying they need to pay for DBS checks so other avenues are being explored. Wonder if Jenrick has a DBS check to enter that building?

Being a Tory now seems to be a psychotic condition.
To attempt to conceive of, and defend this action looks like an illness.

There only hope is the gammon/ukip support - so they’re all desperately trying to be extreme right wing hence many getting the gig at GB News.

Farage would have been an MP.

Nick Griffin might have been.

It legitimises extreme voices.

FPTP means that a party electing a lying avuncular buffoon as leader can end up on a minority vote with a majority of 80 seats and then transform into a dog-whistling racist rump parliament, but PR doesn't come free of the risk of
empowering extremism.
OK, Farage may have become an MP, but so what? He would have been as insignificant an MP as Diane Lucas. Let's be realistic, there wouldn't be enough people voting for his party nationally for him to be invited by the King to form the next government.

My original post stated I beleived people voting should have representation, and I'm sticking with that, and there is no way any electoral system can prevent absolute extremism from taking place if that's what the majority vote for, but in the real world, most people are moderate in their opinions, and vote accordingly.

I totally agree with you about the 80 seat majority giving rise to the most incompetent government in our history. It's not a true democratic system when 60% of politicians are elected by 40% of the electorate, and if PR means undesireables like Nick Griffin and Nigel Farrage can gurn their faces in front of the cameras, then so be it.

PR doesn't legitimise extreme voices. Sitting on opposition bences in the house of commons without any support and being ignored puts them in their place as being insignificant in the overall scheme of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.