The Conservative Party

so todays self harming ideas from the crackpot party are

1/ put the state pension age back to 70
2/ students stay at home with parents rather than go away for education
3/ Exit the ECHR

So -

1/ back to Thatcher - fuck even Cameron - knew how important the pensioner is to their vote - diminish their numbers but keep taking NI off them and you get poll results like you saw this week
2/ best way to piss off your commercial landlord donors is to cut off their supply to tenants. Thats how you get poll results like you saw this week.
3/ Align the UK with Belarus and Russia ( the latter who you pretend to be at war with ) all because of the small boats policy and thats how.... you know the rest.

They are fucked and are in a death spiral they cannot even see

The only context I need to apply is the rest of the interview.

He starts by saying the Tories' incompetence and neglect have destroyed the asylum system. He criticises the fact that asylum seekers have to be housed in unsuitable accommodation and says that Labour's priority will be to deal with claims as fast as possible and get people out of hotels and barges. Only at that point does he say this will save money that could be used for the NHS.
As I said it was a simple question..... a yes would have done.

He needs to win power to get the current bunch of corrupt twats out, and if he has to say things to avoid a pile on by the influential RW media then so be it.

I will judge him by what he does if/when he wins an election rather than by what he feels he has to say now to maximise his chances.

So you’re voting for him because you think he’s a liar?

As I said it was a simple question..... a yes would have done.
You really are blinded by hatred for Labour aren't you?

A simple question from me. Should we be able to cut a single quote from any of your posts, and then find a racist who said the same thing in a completely different context, and then tell everyone you must be a racist?

Because that's what you're doing with the Kinnock dog whistle comment.

No need for a long reply as a yes will do ;)

who could have imagined Max Hastings saying this in the 90's

It's speaks volumes that someone like Hastings now views the conservatives as beyond the pale. In fairness to him he has been consistent in this position for some time and spent years trying to warn anyone who would listen that Johnson was 100% unfit for office. Trouble is too many ordinary Tory voters chose not to listen, at the next election they will abandon them but the damage has long since been done and some of it is irreparable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.