The Conservative Party

Here's James Cleverly at the Tory party conference, looking for those Brexit Benefits
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/09/30/13/90269507-0-image-a-16_1727698937810.jpg
That's a very honest tory leadership campaign slogan behind him.

I heard on the news about the new tips legislation that will ensure that e.g. waiting staff etc get all the tips due to them, rather than their employer trousering the money.

What a good move I thought.

Until I then heard how it is administered. The tips get collected by the employer and then paid to the staff as income, on which they have to pay 20% tax and 12% NI. i.e. the government will trouser roughly 1/3rd of the money, whereas previously, presumably they got none.

So this is not about making things farer for low paid workers. It's another fucking government fucking money grabbing fucking con. The bastards.
They already have to pay tax on tips, just that nobody got anything out of it as the employers were trousering it.

It’s only going to be taxed if it’s put through the system.
I never tip through the bill. I always tip cash in hand with the server.
I know this is a problem if you are not front of house staff.
I always ask my server what happens to the tips. Often they tell me they all put them in a collective pot and divy out to everyone.
A much fairer system than that twat Roux Jnr ran where he kept all the tips until he was called out and shamed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.