The cooking thread!

I like making curries at home from scratch. I've made lots of different ones from India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand etc. but my favourite is probably a pork belly one from northern Thailand called Gaeng Hung Lae.

It's quite different from the usual red/yellow/green/Massaman Thai curries as there is no coconut milk involved, it's a bit more like an Indian curry.

There's a fair few spices involved but the cooking itself is pretty easy. It's so delicious, give it a go...

Mate was this minced lamb or cubed? If it was minced can you post your recipe please? I love a lamb kebab but I never seem to get it right.

I cook a lot with a slow cooker. I do all sorts from a range of soups to stews to chilli to curries to my own made up dishes like a chorizo and pork mince style stew... basically any traditional poor peoples’ food from around the world.

I always make enough for about five or six servings and put them in the freezer for another time. I can have up to a dozen meals in the freezer at times, ready for when I can’t be bothered or don’t have time to cook.

This morning, I’ve got a Fabada on the go while I have come for some breakfast and coffee in town, go to the gym in a bit and then for a flu jab. By the time I get back it’ll be done.

Fabada is my tip to anyone who can’t cook to get into cooking. It’s just about the easiest thing to cook in the world. You don’t have to do any preparation or chopping or owt. You literally just put all your ingredients in the slow cooker as they come and walk away for eight hours. Brilliant for doing before work as you don’t have to get up an hour early to prepare the ingredients, just throw them in and go to work, then come home to a finished meal.

Pork belly, black pudding sausage, chorizo sausage, cannellini beans, tinned tomatoes, tomatoe purée, water (with veg stock - optional), a big dollop of butter, a bit of pimenton and ground garlic. Oh plus salt and pepper of course! I think the Asturians use saffron n’all, but I never buy that.

Then when serving chop the pork belly, and black pudding and chorizo sausages into bite sizes and put a bit of watercress on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cook a lot with a slow cooker. I do all sorts from a range of soups to stews to chilli to curries to my own made up dishes like a chorizo and pork mince style stew... basically any traditional poor peoples’ food from around the world.

I always make enough for about five or six servings and put them in the freezer for another time. I can have up to a dozen meals in the freezer at times, ready for when I can’t be bothered or don’t have time to cook.

This morning, I’ve got a Fabada on the go while I have come for some breakfast and coffee in town, go to the gym in a bit and then for a flu jab. By the time I get back it’ll be done.

Fabada is my tip to anyone who can’t cook to get into cooking. It’s just about the easiest thing to cook in the world. You don’t have to do any preparation or chopping or owt. You literally just put all your ingredients in the slow cooker as they come and walk away for eight hours. Brilliant for doing before work as you don’t have to get up an hour early to prepare the ingredients, just throw them in and go to work, then come home to a finished meal.

Pork belly, black pudding sausage, chorizo sausage, cannellini beans, tinned tomatoes, tomatoe purée, water (with veg stock - optional), a big dollop of butter, a bit of pimenton and ground garlic. Oh plus salt and pepper of course! I think the Asturians use saffron n’all, but I never buy that.

Then when serving chop the pork belly, and black pudding and chorizo sausages into bite sizes and put a bit of watercress on top.
It's the bit of watercress on top that demonstrates culinary skill.

Sacre Bleu!
tenor.gif

Bloody yanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.