The cooking thread!

A staple in the harri household....
7c1686fc62e3d2a814e5462da900c8fe.jpg
Sometimes, you just can’t beat this - although this particular image has much less toast than in the Tiny house

I've pickled garlic, onions and peppers. I'm thinking about trying pickling fruit. For ex orange segments. Anyone tried this?

I always end up with a slightly burned taste off my toffee no matter how many times I do it!

I'm always trying to make sticky toffee pudding I can never get it right though. You try making it before?
No, first time. I've made crumble before, but thought I'd give it a go with some toffee sauce. I looked up a recipe and followed one of the first ones. The toffee sauce was great - very reminiscent of the Cartmel sauce. The sauce when cooled was just like a pouring butterscotch sauce.

Here's the actual recipe, rather than my mis-remembered version. It was so easy.

Sometimes, you just can’t beat this - although this particular image has much less toast than in the Tiny house
An incredible dish that is not only versatile but one that can be used alongside other products as an accompaniment or on it's own. Beans are one of the only 2 vegetables we both eat alongside the humble pea.

Peas come and peas may go and you can spend a lifetime trying out all the different varieties on offer, yet still not acheiving that je nais sais quoi of pea greatness. So as this is a cookery thread I will let you all into a little secret. A few years back our local store had run out of tins of peas so we set off back home dejected, resigned to the fact we would eat our Cissy Greens naked. On the way home we passed Iceland and haphazardly nipped in buying some frozen ones called Lockwoods. You put them in a pan and cover with water and then season and simmer for 20 minutes and oh how they will draw you down to your knees in culinary delight. A good chef never gives away special recipes but I just felt I had to share this, as first and foremost we're a community of brothers and I would be failing as an olden member not too mention it.

ZrU8wS1.jpg

One of your 5 a day.

Last edited:
An incredible dish that is not only versatile but one that can be used alongside other products as an accompaniment or on it's own. Beans are one of the only 2 vegetables we both eat alongside the humble pea.

Peas come and peas may go and you can spend a lifetime trying out all the different varieties on offer, yet still not archiving that je nais sais quoi of pea greatness, so as this is a cookery thread I will let you all into a little secret. A few years back our local store had run out of tins of peas so we set off back home dejected, resigned to the fact we would eat our Cissy Greens naked. On the way home we passed Iceland and haphazardly nipped in buying some frozen ones called Lockwoods. You put them in a pan and cover with water and then season and simmer for 20 minutes and oh my lordy how they will draw you down to your knees in abject culinary delight. The best Mushie Peas we have eaten during our long tenure on planet earth. A good chef never gives away special recipes but I just felt I had to share this, as first and foremost we're a community of brothers and I would be failing as an olden member not too mention it.

ZrU8wS1.jpg

One of your 5 a day.
Try peas on toast, loads of HP. Plenty of butter on the toast.

I do most of the cooking in our house and last night had a stab at lamb kebabs, they were bang on. Clean plates all round.
Mate was this minced lamb or cubed? If it was minced can you post your recipe please? I love a lamb kebab but I never seem to get it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.