The cool cats

I’ll be honest the amount of young girls in those photos is surprising, just shows young girls going to games isn’t a new thing, also all those kids going without their parents as well. Bloody loved it back then and really miss those days, I know the success and team are brilliant but the matchday experience is shit, or is it just rose tinted glasses?
No mate, I’m a FOC and been going since the early 70’s couldnt agree with you any more regarding the match day experience..

I’ll be honest the amount of young girls in those photos is surprising, just shows young girls going to games isn’t a new thing, also all those kids going without their parents as well. Bloody loved it back then and really miss those days, I know the success and team are brilliant but the matchday experience is shit, or is it just rose tinted glasses?

One word mate and you're right.

Corporate.

Half time consists of a loudspeaker system playing music loud enough to deafen the kids and a series of messages reminding you to obey corporate laws on the big screens.

Geordie mate over here asked me a question about which stadium I preferred Maine rd or the Ethihad. Had a few beers when I was asked and replied “for nostalgia maine rd but for state of the art stadia definitely Ethihad.

The 70s, the rise of the skin head, doc martins, skinners, football jumpers, shirt jackets and silk scarves, football specials, growing up without a care, those were the days and loved every minute, the pictures take me back to my youth and the crazey times we had watching City, its a lot easier today.
Love this post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.