The Cup Final return travel issue

In terms of the return trains on May 18th, it's broadly the same plan as on Saturday, although the route via the Potteries is open up until the time of the normal last trains, so one of the reliefs will serve Stoke and Macc.

20.20 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
20.54 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief calling at Wilmslow and Stockport (will not run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties)
21.00 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
21.20 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stoke, Macclesfield and Stockport
21.24 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stafford, Crewe, Wilmslow and Stockport
21.46 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief (will only run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties) calling at Wilmslow and Stockport.

The line will close after the passage of the 21.46 (if it is required to operate).

All the above is subject to validation, but I'd expect the advertised services to appear in public systems by this time next week.

Don't shoot the messenger !!!

if it goes to extra time or pens they best be bloody quick in handing the cup out.

urban genie. Just booked return tickets on Virgin train and 3nights hotel for £210 for 2 people. So that is quite cheap. Yes the hotel is out by Heathrow airport. I have everything there under the same roof. Nice restaurant, nice bar. It must be the 10th time that I have used this hotel in the last 6yrs. This will be the 4th time this season that I have used the same hotel this season the Charity Shield, the Carabo Cup, F.A. Cup Semi-Final. I have now just finished booking the same hotel for the F.A. Cup final weekend.

if it goes to extra time or pens they best be bloody quick in handing the cup out.

Just checked my pub check-in on Facebook from Saturday, and I checked into a pub on Dorset Street off Baker Street at 20.22 after clapping off the team, walking down from the 5th tier and catching the Metropolitan Line back from Wembley Park. And that was with waiting around for the slowest man in the world ever !!!
For the final, I reckon it will be even quicker as the Watford fans will be heading in the opposite direction.
Yesterday, the game finished after extra time at 18.35, and the first of the Wolves fans were on the 19.40 from Euston. Their 19.31 relief train was held back until it was full and left at 19.49.

Just checked my pub check-in on Facebook from Saturday, and I checked into a pub on Dorset Street off Baker Street at 20.22 after clapping off the team, walking down from the 5th tier and catching the Metropolitan Line back from Wembley Park. And that was with waiting around for the slowest man in the world ever !!!
For the final, I reckon it will be even quicker as the Watford fans will be heading in the opposite direction.
Yesterday, the game finished after extra time at 18.35, and the first of the Wolves fans were on the 19.40 from Euston. Their 19.31 relief train was held back until it was full and left at 19.49.

You own figures support my point, 18:35 finish from a 16:00 kick off first wolves fans on the 19:40

Add 5-10 mins dicking around after extra time before penalties start 10-15 mins for penalty shootout, at least 10 mins before presentation

5 min lap of honour and its pretty much 21:00 before city fans are even leaving Wembley which make theses service as much use a chocolate fucking fireguard in the event of city win after penalties

For a 17:30 kick off. Just extra time with very few stoppages yesterday was 2hr 35 mins from kick off

Earliest End of Extra Time based on Wolves - Watford timings 20:05

Officially the order\ toss etc shouldn't take more than 5 mins but rarely does

Pens optimistically start at 20:15

Earliest finish on pens 20:25

Possible trophy presentation if FA are pretty quick and efficient 20:35
Players back on pitch 20:40

20:45 fans leaving stadium to the commentators stating what a bunch of disrespectful twats we are for not staying to applaud the plays on their completion of the historic treble and how it must effect the players ahead of the upcoming champions league final.

21:20-21:40 The fans that make the first few tubes are getting to Euston to find a typical shit storm of transport incompetence.

urban genie. Just booked return tickets on Virgin train and 3nights hotel for £210 for 2 people. So that is quite cheap. Yes the hotel is out by Heathrow airport. I have everything there under the same roof. Nice restaurant, nice bar. It must be the 10th time that I have used this hotel in the last 6yrs. This will be the 4th time this season that I have used the same hotel this season the Charity Shield, the Carabo Cup, F.A. Cup Semi-Final. I have now just finished booking the same hotel for the F.A. Cup final weekend.

I have booked a place, nowt too special but private room with kitchenette, bathroom and 4 single/bunk beds £80 for the room.

The stay club wilsden 10 min walk from the overground and undergroumd to wembley central and euston.

Just need to decide if book trains or drive

Coach for me. Left 8pm on the dot on Sat from the Yellow car park I think it was. Back in town at half past midnight after a 20 min stop and going Stockport for a drop off, luckily trams were still running. Not too bad.

You own figures support my point, 18:35 finish from a 16:00 kick off first wolves fans on the 19:40

Add 5-10 mins dicking around after extra time before penalties start 10-15 mins for penalty shootout, at least 10 mins before presentation

5 min lap of honour and its pretty much 21:00 before city fans are even leaving Wembley which make theses service as much use a chocolate fucking fireguard in the event of city win after penalties

For a 17:30 kick off. Just extra time with very few stoppages yesterday was 2hr 35 mins from kick off

Earliest End of Extra Time based on Wolves - Watford timings 20:05

Officially the order\ toss etc shouldn't take more than 5 mins but rarely does

Pens optimistically start at 20:15

Earliest finish on pens 20:25

Possible trophy presentation if FA are pretty quick and efficient 20:35
Players back on pitch 20:40

20:45 fans leaving stadium to the commentators stating what a bunch of disrespectful twats we are for not staying to applaud the plays on their completion of the historic treble and how it must effect the players ahead of the upcoming champions league final.

21:20-21:40 The fans that make the first few tubes are getting to Euston to find a typical shit storm of transport incompetence.
And this is another reason why the kick off should be 3.00pm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.