The Cup Final return travel issue

I haven't done a coach to Wembley in years but at least they are usually cheap and you can get back to Manchester after the game, whatever time it finishes.

And people complain about decent drinking places around Wembley

Build it between the M6 and M1 slap bang inbetween lutterworth and rugby (churchover area), obviously you would also build some pubs and eateries near it and a a rail/tram link from rugby but you would have two towns with plenty of pubs and two major motorways, also it would be central for all fans.

Doesn't matter anyway as it will never happen though when they rebuilt wembley some cockend in the FA should have had the vision to build a national stadium for all not just London

In terms of the return trains on May 18th, it's broadly the same plan as on Saturday, although the route via the Potteries is open up until the time of the normal last trains, so one of the reliefs will serve Stoke and Macc.

20.20 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
20.54 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief calling at Wilmslow and Stockport (will not run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties)
21.00 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
21.20 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stoke, Macclesfield and Stockport
21.24 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stafford, Crewe, Wilmslow and Stockport
21.46 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief (will only run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties) calling at Wilmslow and Stockport.

The line will close after the passage of the 21.46 (if it is required to operate).

All the above is subject to validation, but I'd expect the advertised services to appear in public systems by this time next week.

Last edited:
Never done a coach to Wembley before, will there be any from town you can booze on?

None will say you can, because it's illegal to allow drinking on coaches travelling to a sports fixture. That's not to say it doesn't happen of course, but if you ask they are duty bound to say no.

None will say you can, because it's illegal to allow drinking on coaches travelling to a sports fixture. That's not to say it doesn't happen of course, but if you ask they are duty bound to say no.
I know mate thats why im hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction

In terms of the return trains on May 18th, it's broadly the same plan as on Saturday, although the route via the Potteries is open up until the time of the normal last trains, so one of the reliefs will serve Stoke and Macc.

20.20 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
20.54 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief calling at Wilmslow and Stockport (will not run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties)
21.00 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
21.20 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stoke, Macclesfield and Stockport
21.24 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stafford, Crewe, Wilmslow and Stockport
21.46 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief (will only run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties) calling at Wilmslow and Stockport.

The line will close after the passage of the 21.46 (if it is required to operate).

All the above is subject to validation, but I'd expect the advertised services to appear in public systems by this time next week.

Don't shoot the messenger !!!

Really helpful...cheers mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.