The Cup Final return travel issue

The railway closes early on a Saturday to allow for a continuous period of closure for safety related track repairs. Saturday night / Sunday morning is where there is the least demand across the week & there is no freight traffic or Anglo Scottish overnight sleeper trains.

I don’t think there are any trains after 9.10pm
During the week either. I don’t get it when
In Europe you can get trains at all times.

I don’t think there are any trains after 9.10pm
During the week either. I don’t get it when
In Europe you can get trains at all times.

On the continent the railways are designed so all lines are signalled bi-directionally and the gap between the tracks allows track workers to safely work on a line whilst parallel lines remain open.
UK railways have a narrower loading gauge which means this can't happen, although HS1 was built to continental standards as will HS2.

On the continent the railways are designed so all lines are signalled bi-directionally and the gap between the tracks allows track workers to safely work on a line whilst parallel lines remain open.
UK railways have a narrower loading gauge which means this can't happen, although HS1 was built to continental standards as will HS2.
Bet you’re the centre of attention at parties! ;-)

Extra trains running will depend on any planned engineering works such as the HS2 building works or any planned track renewal works between Euston and Manchester pic/Victoria. While there may be additional services there most certainly won't be trains departing close to or after midnight. Virgin will need to find drivers and guards willing to work overtime on a Saturday night as well as catering crews and then theres the problem of available rolling stock too. If Network Rail cant give the trains paths at that time of night then it won't happen I'm afraid.

Zero thoughts for the fans but then it’s been like that for years now.
A small country, with the nations number one sports showpiece event, organised for when no fucker can get home. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.