The Cup Final return travel issue

Zero thoughts for the fans but then it’s been like that for years now.
A small country, with the nations number one sports showpiece event, organised for when no fucker can get home. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else.
Well you can if you live in London or the Home Counties.
Since when has the powers that be care about anything north of Watford

Extra trains running will depend on any planned engineering works such as the HS2 building works or any planned track renewal works between Euston and Manchester pic/Victoria. While there may be additional services there most certainly won't be trains departing close to or after midnight. Virgin will need to find drivers and guards willing to work overtime on a Saturday night as well as catering crews and then theres the problem of available rolling stock too. If Network Rail cant give the trains paths at that time of night then it won't happen I'm afraid.
I'm not convinced the KO is 5.30pm. I know it says that on the BBC web-site but City said yesterday that the time was not confirmed.

If it is 5.30pm KO then trains between 9.30 and 10pm are required.

Thought I was being clever by booking my train tickets as soon as the game finished on Saturday and chose the train returning at 20:30! Looks like that's too early. Would they let me on a later one using that ticket?

Well you can if you live in London or the Home Counties.
Since when has the powers that be care about anything north of Watford

If they had any regard for the fan bases of the country as a whole, they would have built a natiinal stadium dead centre in the middle, which is around coventry which sounds dull but with silverstone not far away in the same area it is not like national sporting grounds are not already around.

Anyone used high wycombe to Wembley train, what is it like in wycombe anywhere to have a beer is there parking, any info appreciated.

If they had any regard for the fan bases of the country as a whole, they would have built a natiinal stadium dead centre in the middle, which is around coventry which sounds dull but with silverstone not far away in the same area it is not like national sporting grounds are not already around.
And people complain about decent drinking places around Wembley

Thought I was being clever by booking my train tickets as soon as the game finished on Saturday and chose the train returning at 20:30! Looks like that's too early. Would they let me on a later one using that ticket?
What times do off peak trains run? You might be ok, your receipt should tell you.

I have missed the train twice due to extra time and penalties. I have just got on the later train. I have never missed a Wembley visit and I have only once had my ticket checked. I was being posh in first class at the time ? So you should be fine.

Shouldn't be an issue - they tend to let you get on any train as they don't want thousands of football fans milling round the station. We were booked on the 9pm coming home on Saturday but they allowed us to get on an earlier train

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.