The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

David Bentley retired very young, said he just grew to hate football despite being a very decent premier league player
Similar in some respects to Stephen Ireland
Hasn’t Danny Rose gone from the England team to second tier of non league in about four seasons?
Was good at Blackburn, but alas moving to Spurs can probably suck the enjoyment out of life for anyone

Not comparing the person (or personal affairs), just the situation, MES. And in that regard, they are somewhat comparable, unfortunately.

And now that you have brought up Ravel Morrison (who I think we can agree is much worse than Dele Alli in the personal affairs category), I hope we’ll be able to put Mason Greenwood on this list.

Also, anyone know what Jordan Ibe is up to these days?
But the cause of the situation was different for both Michael Johnson and Paul Lake compared to Ali, Ireland, Morrison, et al.

Debates can go on all day as to "whatever happened to.....?"
But Lakey and Michael Johnson we know how and why.

If i was Lakey and saw my name on a list of players such as those mentioned above I'd be really furious.

But the cause of the situation was different for both Michael Johnson and Paul Lake compared to Ali, Ireland, Morrison, et al.

Debates can go on all day as to "whatever happened to.....?"
But Lakey and Michael Johnson we know how and why.

If i was Lakey and saw my name on a list of players such as those mentioned above I'd be really furious.
A list of players that never realised their potential, for varying reasons?

I can’t imagine Lake is that self-obsessed.

I think you are making a different list to the intention of this thread, perhaps because of your dislike for Dele Alli?

This isn’t meant to be a discussion of terrible people that were also footballers that never reached their potential (I think that is fairly plain from my OP).

By the way, I never compared Lake to Morrison!

Last edited:
Danny Rose went to Watford. Walcott was OK for us but his biggest problem, like Delph, is being an injury magnet. Wilshere was even worse. David Hirst’s career got tanked by injuries too.

Some players have a 2 year meteoric rise then fade away just as quick. Got to be dedicated to play at top level and highly motivated to keep your place.

Arnautovic from Stoke and West Ham.

Wilfred Bony was scoring goals for fun at Swansea and went down hill fast after leaving us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.