The demise of Brazillian football

Brazilian domestic football is dire. Also ruined by crowd trouble, lack of money and poor stadiums.

However, culturally it is still completely ingrained in society. Everyone will have a team and be very engaged whoever you are - man, woman, child, rich or poor. Every bar whether it is a dive or fancy will show the games (along with the telenovelas). On Monday, if your team won at the weekend, many people will wear their team's shirt. (Doesnt happen very often for us Botafoguistas).

Everyone (literally everyone) has a Brazil national team shirt and will wear it on the day of a game. And many will not go to work on the day. It is almost a national holiday.

So the football is rubbish but the passion is there. I love it

Last edited:
Brazilian domestic football is dire. Also ruined by crowd trouble, lack of money and poor stadiums.

However, culturally it is still completely ingrained in society. Everyone will have a team and be very engaged whoever you are. Every bar whether it is a dive or fancy will show the games (along with the telenovelas). On Monday, if your team won at the weekend, many people will wear the shirt. (Doesnt happen very often for us Botafoguistas).

Everyone has a Brazil national team shirt and will wear it on the day of a game. And many will not go to work on the day. It is almost a national holiday.

So the football is rubbish but the passion is there
Nothing wrong with that we have been there its fun at times.

However, culturally it is still completely ingrained in society. Everyone will have a team and be very engaged whoever you are - man, woman, child, rich or poor. Every bar whether it is a dive or fancy will show the games (along with the telenovelas). On Monday, if your team won at the weekend, many people will wear their team's shirt. (Doesnt happen very often for us Botafoguistas).

Everyone (literally everyone) has a Brazil national team shirt and will wear it on the day of a game. And many will not go to work on the day. It is almost a national holiday.

So the football is rubbish but the passion is there. I love it

I'm likely going to be in Rio next March. Do you know when the Taça Rio fixtures will be out?

Ideally I'm hoping to get to a game of one of the bigger sides, either Botafogo, Flamengo, Fluminese, or Vasco. Is it normally easy enough to get tickets?

walker will start, stones will be left out for phil "the face" jones and Raheem will be left out of the first team to shoehorn rashford in.
Hope he does leave them out and walker pretends he carrying a injury after the chelsea game, and has to pull out of the squad

It is a shame that football there seems to have been so mismanaged. The love there for football is unparalleled.

I'm likely going to be in Rio next March. Do you know when the Taça Rio fixtures will be out?

Ideally I'm hoping to get to a game of one of the bigger sides, either Botafogo, Flamengo, Fluminese, or Vasco. Is it normally easy enough to get tickets?

March is a great time to be in Rio - one of the greatest cities in the World

No problem getting tickets. Even if they do sell out, the Gringo pound goes a long way with the touts. The Maracana is definitely worth it.

And anybody but Flamengo - the United of Brazil.

A few years ago I read that the Brazilian league exports over 100 players per year around the world - isn't just a numbers game? They export that many some will end up with good coaches and make it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.