The derby and that air disaster we can`t mention.

why would there be a minutes' silence ???

it is the 53rd year, they usually do something every 10 years not every year

it should just be a normal game...

and anyway why would we want to mention it anyway ?

stavros said:
crizack said:
i have had the misfortune of giong to old trafford for two meetings for a course i was on a few months back.

fuck me! they way they advertise the air disaster on every availble square inch of wall around the ground yet forget to mention they kicked the victims families out of their homes.

to use an event like that to make money! as it does because of tourists! is disgraceful.

r.i.p munich disaster victims, united will never let you.

why did they kick them out their homes?

Because the dead/injured were now longer no use to the club, who rented the houses for them.

waspish said:
mcfcliam said:
Silent Poznan = During the minute silence, turn around, arms around each other and just don't move.

Or would that be considered disrespectful?

If we don't turn our around every one arm in arm heads Down! This would look awesome!! Turning around would be disrespectful and you know the media they would crucify us!
This! Would look good i think. Don't know how it could be arranged without the rags getting wind of it though.

mcfcliam said:
Don't know but no fucking chance I'm going to that shithole.

Fucking hate the place.

I have been there a number of times for the derby, for England games and for a couple of Euro '96 matches and can honestly say I've never really enjoyed it. Theatre of Dreams my arse.

Sugarloaf said:
squirtyflower said:
that's exactly what it's for
a guaranteed sell out and increase the corporate prices for the 'remembrance' game
should let it drop now

I find it bizarre that it's the blues who bring this subject up every week, but no mention of it on rag cafe, big issue or even the official rag website, but this is the 3rd time on here this week. I think it's time everyone put this to bed and stopped going on about it. We're only fanning the flames and then complaining about the heat. We should be talking about outsinging them again, blue flares, the poznan...let's stick it up them at the swamp and support the boys.

But it's 'in their hearts'!

law74 said:
madferret said:
It's so sad and traumatic for them (how many actually remember it?), that they are now planning to make a film about it, no doubt so all their loyal fanbase in the far east can be upset too !
as far as i'm concerned this was the greatest day in their 'history' because without it they would have just been another provincial club and the southern based media wouldn't have looked on them so sympathetically, willing them to win etc, and people who had no interest in football suddenly had a team to 'support' when asked - and this has just grown and carries on to this day

Surely a WUM
Much as I despise the filth and hate the way that they treated the Survivors and the families of those that perished, they did lose the nucleus of a great team, and we lost one of our legends.
But to suggest even in jest that it was their greatest hour makes me sick.
Time to highlight to the unwashed about the 40th (i think) aniversery game, organised to raise funds for the survivors (like Harry Gregg), and families of those that perished, when Cuntona demanded more for appearing than those that the game was organised to support received, yet he is still worshipped by the unwashed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commercially it was.

mct said:
6th of feb 1958 ,and the derby is on the 12th of feb have we been set up again as i`m sure thats when the minutes silence will be ,i could be wrong the newspapers and sky would love it if they hear a peep out of us .

btw are flares allowed. !.
The paranoia on here is ridiculous at times. There won't even be a minute's silence at this game.

Dubai Blue said:
mct said:
6th of feb 1958 ,and the derby is on the 12th of feb have we been set up again as i`m sure thats when the minutes silence will be ,i could be wrong the newspapers and sky would love it if they hear a peep out of us .

btw are flares allowed. !.
The paranoia on here is ridiculous at times. There won't even be a minute's silence at this game.

It will be a week before we play em they'll av a minute silence.......

waspish said:
Dubai Blue said:

They don't have a minute's silence at the nearest home game every single year, so why would there be one this year? It's not a big anniversary like 50 years was. They'll have a memorial service on Feb 6th like they do every year. Nothing will happen at the game itself; certainly not a minute's silence anyway.

Dubai Blue said:
waspish said:
They don't have a minute's silence at the nearest home game every single year, so why would there be one this year? It's not a big anniversary like 50 years was. They'll have a memorial service on Feb 6th like they do every year. Nothing will happen at the game itself; certainly not a minute's silence anyway.

Ok I stand corrected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.