the derby ref is (Andre Marriner - confirmed)

sjk2008 said:
Boom.

/End Thread
Anyone take umbridge with an "Oldham" fan coming on here and telling City fans what they can talk about in a thread on their own forum?

Chris in London said:
Didsbury Dave said:
God, look at this thread. The cult of the referee really is growing.

I couldn't care less who the referee is as long as he gets it right, or gets it wrong in our favour.

So say we all.

The problem is that some referees have a clear track record for not getting it right in games City play, to the point where the explanation that a particular referee has just made honest mistakes ceases to hold water.

Fortunately, whilst there are certain questions which could be asked of Webb (eg relating to the ease with which he gave the rags two penalties when Chelsea were 3-0/3-1 ahead) there are few such questions relating to Andre Marriner and he has not been at the centre of any of the controversial incidents this season that I can recall.

If he gives a match-deciding decision against us on the day he'll be the rag-loving, Fergie-bumming, Sky-bunging demon of Manchester City forever more.

That's how it works...pantomine...

Didsbury Dave said:
I couldn't care less who the referee is as long as he gets it right, or gets it wrong in our favour.

Seeing as some refs are more prone to "get it right" than others I would have most would be interested in who the ref is.

sjk2008 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
God, look at this thread. The cult of the referee really is growing.

Boom.

/End Thread
But cares just enough to have pontificated?

Anyway. Mr Mariner (apologies if this does not copy over too well), 1st City game for him this season but his stats for 2011/2012 plus the 3 games vs rags:

25 Games Ref'd
88 Yellows given
3 '2nd Yellow' Reds
3 'Straight' Reds

Ave 3.18 yellows per game
Ave 0.12 '2nd Yellow' reds per game
Ave 0.12 'Straight' reds per game

Ave 1.19 yellows per home side per game
Ave 0.00 '2nd Yellow' reds per home side per game
Ave 0.00 'Straight' reds per home side per game

Ave 2.23 yellows per away side per game
Ave 0.12 '2nd Yellow' reds per away side per game
Ave 0.12 'Straight' reds per away side per game

Ref'd 3 rag games (all rag away games):

Rags W2 D1 L0

5 rag Yellows, 4 opponent Yellows, 0 '2nd yellow' or straight reds

Didsbury Dave said:
If he gives a match-deciding decision against us on the day he'll be the rag-loving, Fergie-bumming, Sky-bunging demon of Manchester City forever more.

No different to how it is at every club, and has been for decades.

Some would call it being a football supporter.

index.proxy.php

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

No different to how it is at every club, and has been for decades.

Some would call it being a football supporter.

Exactly right.

All fans think the referees are biased against them. In all clubs, in all leagues, in all countries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.