the derby ref is (Andre Marriner - confirmed)

Probably selected on the basis of no-one calling him a closet Rag at that Mike Riley special Points of Blue meeting!

Churchill123 said:
JamesMCFC said:
stavros said:
let me tell you blues, this is a fantstic appointment.

i know andre, and he is one of the most down to earth, genuine people you could ever wish to meet. absolutely top guy , and a very very good , fair ref.

fantastic appointment.

have a word with him if you don't mind mate...

Have a word......

Just slip him the cash, he'll know what needs to be done!

Show him a couple of pictures of England's next Olympic diving champion

Vienna_70 said:
David Elleray should have been given the gig.

I always thought he was an excellent referee.

That is because he was a rugby fan, with no bias for or against any particular team, he was also a housemaster at Harrow (I think) so was used to dealing with spoilt rich brats.

He got his fair share of decisions wrong but when he made a mistake you knew it was an honest one.

His biography Referee! (IIRC) is a good read

BlueTony said:
Vienna_70 said:
David Elleray should have been given the gig.

I always thought he was an excellent referee.

That is because he was a rugby fan, with no bias for or against any particular team, he was also a housemaster at Harrow (I think) so was used to dealing with spoilt rich brats.

He got his fair share of decisions wrong but when he made a mistake you knew it was an honest one.

His biography Referee! (IIRC) is a good read

good ref apart from the FA cup final where he gave a penalty to the rags for a foul on Kanchelskis which was at least 2 yards outside the box...

Time does not heal my distain.

I think we should Lodge an appeal to the FA over the penalty that we will concede to Man Utd on Monday night

Let's wait and see if he gives crap decisions, like a Utd penalty, or sends off a City player, before we start congratulating ourselves on a half-decent ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.