The Double

Erased by the English football media.

It used to be one of the biggest achievements in English footbal.

Since City did the double on Saturday it has hardly been mentioned in the English Football media.

I’m 100% sure if United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea had just done the double, it would be all over the English Football Media.

Erased by the English football media.

It used to be one of the biggest achievements in English footbal.

Since City did the double on Saturday it has hardly been mentioned in the English Football media.

I’m 100% sure if United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea had just done the double, it would be all over the English Football Media.

It’s all about city “HAVE” to win the champs league Saturday because we all know the media will call this double winning city side a failure pep a failure they’ll be articles all week about it!

Ofcourse there will be a sense of disappointment if we don't win in Istanbul.
As much as anything we will have to put up with all the usual 'not a great team until they've won the CL' didn't match that treble in 99' and all that bollocks!
However, the double is undoubtedly a fantastic achievement. In the League we looked out of it and came back to win it at a canter.
The FA Cup run has been brilliant.
From the 'digging in' to get a result against our closest competitors this season, to the huge gulf in class against another Premier League side to the straightforward professionals displays against 2 Championship sides and the ruthless dismantling of the best Championship side.
To top it all off, Saturday against the rags!!
Our 'top boys'(!) have done their bit , as have some of the Academy lads (hold on a sec, must have got that wrong, we just buy our success don't we!)
19 goals scored and none conceded in open play , just that very 'suspect' penalty on Saturday...a very slight blemish (from the officials I might add!) on a near perfect run to lifting that trophy!

I was really nervous about losing the FA Cup final. Telling myself that at least we could possibly win the CL the following weekend and whilst they'd give us shite we'd still have the league and European Cup double. Instead we beat them and as the history books show we've done the double again which is an incredible achievement and very rare. Now we have the opportunity to do something even more rare. The media will hype this up and jump on our failure if we lose on Saturday. But ultimately it's been a fantastic season already, and we will celebrate it. if we win the CL it will become a remarkable one, and we'll be the first team to have won a domestic treble and "the treble". To even have that opportunity is quite astonishing.

I was really nervous about losing the FA Cup final. Telling myself that at least we could possibly win the CL the following weekend and whilst they'd give us shite we'd still have the league and European Cup double. Instead we beat them and as the history books show we've done the double again which is an incredible achievement and very rare. Now we have the opportunity to do something even more rare. The media will hype this up and jump on our failure if we lose on Saturday. But ultimately it's been a fantastic season already, and we will celebrate it. if we win the CL it will become a remarkable one, and we'll be the first team to have won a domestic treble and "the treble". To even have that opportunity is quite astonishing.
As I've already said,beating them was number one for me,Saturday will be an amazing cherry.

Searched Manchester City on Google and fireworks came up. Didn't need to search it, but it is that kind of achievement.

2018/19 and 2022/23 are our only top flight/FA Cup doubles.

That's a fact. Proud of it.

Yes it is a target and a good one to have - but our experiences over the last few years show hard it is to do. I don't think we have binned it - semi-finalists every years since 2019. But those semi-finals come at tricky times when you are still competing in 3 competitions and in Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool we came across teams against whom playing weakened sides made the task harder. This year we benefited from playing Sheffield United in the semi-final - we were good enough to make changes and beat them. Winning cups is as much about the draw you get and what else is going on, as turning up and winning on the day.
It will get even harder once the Champions League is expanded in the next season or two as well, there'll be more games during the high pressure run in period so something will have to give somewhere.

There’s no such thing as a Micky Mouse cup. Every single trophy is great to win, major or minor. I hate it when fans of any club belittle the winning of any trophy.
Sure. But there are categorizations according to the importance.
E.g a Premier League means a lot lot lot lot more than a Carabao Cup. Ditto for the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.