The Double

I knew it would eventually happen, it was just a matter of time, even when I was stood on the terraces at Port Vale. :-)
Too right Jrb - I knew when Frankie Clark started with a near 40 yr old goalie and opined that he could not work out where to play Kinkladze that the ground work was being laid for a couple of football generations later for Pep to not directly steal those ideas but to modify them somewhat - e.g a goalie who could actually be 40 as he goes through great swathes of games never using his hands and working with an acronym (KDB) by often telling him to just go where you can do most damage.
Back to the cider

Just talking about that with my friend. The greatest mind altering drugs known to man could not have imagined that scenario as we stood at Port Vale watching the blues almost literally mud sliding into Div 2
Had my 10 year old son with me that day. Load of trouble after. Him and his big brother are certainly being rewarded for me putting them through shit! Incredible times that I'll never get bored of.

It’s like if you enter a poker tournament with 100,000 runners. The last hand that 99,999 of them play involves them losing all their chips and a feeling of disappointment. The fact they may have targeted top 1,000 as being a great week at the start, won’t stop the disappointment, even if they finished second.

No matter how much we’ve achieved so far and how hard people try to convince themselves otherwise, if we get turned over on Saturday it’s going to leave a huge feeling of disappointment that the season ended on a defeat and sense of anti climax.

Let’s just get the fucker won and it won’t be an issue.

Doubles always special to me. My earliest football memory was Charlie George scoring for Arsenal. Got me hooked on football in the first place. Now having seen my team do it. It is always special

Our’s is a very special double, the players and Pep have had to put up with all the vitriol and speculation by some media, even BBC Shearer tainted the win with a comment on the money issue
None of the teams in the past had the same treatment we had, so our double stands above all the rest in my mind
On the day we were queuing for tickets for the play off final outside Maine Road, united won the treble and were going round beeping car horns relentlessly
United have not done the same double as us “FA cup and the PL”

Last edited:
What's the PL title with the league cup as a double called?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.