The economy and coronavirus

cityontheup

I understand people’s lives are more important than money and everything else. But as a discussion point What are your thoughts on the future of ours and other countries economies going forward. Our government like others around the world have ploughed billions/ trillions in to their economies. Supporting businesses and people, but what are the short to long term consequences?. We are already seeing businesses, big and small, going out of business, airlines asking for bailouts. Where will it all end?

I understand people’s lives are more important than money and everything else. But as a discussion point What are your thoughts on the future of ours and other countries economies going forward. Our government like others around the world have ploughed billions/ trillions in to their economies. Supporting businesses and people, but what are the short to long term consequences?. We are already seeing businesses, big and small, going out of business, airlines asking for bailouts. Where will it all end?
It's fucked. We'll move forwards from that point.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/economic-impact-of-covid-19.345201/

I think the banks are going to make a killing, largely at the expense of ordinary folk. We will then have decades of austerity to pay them back the money loaned during 2020 which will doubtless be much less than the money they never paid back from 2008.
This is where governments around the world should, somehow, prevent banks from profiteering. Make them reduce their interest rates, even pay back some to help businesses and people in this time of need

I think the banks are going to make a killing, largely at the expense of ordinary folk. We will then have decades of austerity to pay them back the money loaned during 2020 which will doubtless be much less than the money they never paid back from 2008.

Already are. Gov guaranteed loans being offered to business at rates of 22% according to one report yesterday as well as wanting your house on the line and all this when interest rates are at 0.25%

Seriously this virus will change the world and the banks will not be immune from the change.

Robbing bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.