the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irwell said:
You simply can't reduce spending during a recession. If you do that you get a substantially prolonged recession and lose more revenue than you saved with your cuts. It's just not something you try to do.
We weren't in a recession when spending was reduced. Osborne put us in to one.

the recession is over, of course the big question is how much harm its done and can we recover before too many more firms go to the wall. a friend of mine has just had to close after 50 years trading in the carpet business. i'll be honest it's shit me up. he was a hardworking honest man, a family man who inherited the business off his father before him. i'm gutted for him. I realise I now have to work even harder cos as people in the trade are saying, if he can go under anyone can. mind there already have haven't they with the likes of woollies etc.

work to be done just yet.

de niro said:
the recession is over, of course the big question is how much harm its done and can we recover before too many more firms go to the wall. a friend of mine has just had to close after 50 years trading in the carpet business. i'll be honest it's shit me up. he was a hardworking honest man, a family man who inherited the business off his father before him. i'm gutted for him. I realise I now have to work even harder cos as people in the trade are saying, if he can go under anyone can. mind there already have haven't they with the likes of woollies etc.

You know what Bill?
That's why some of us hate the Tories. They make you buy into this 'work work save save save do the right thing' ethic that just smacks of them wanting the little working man to believe it all, vote for them election after election, without really giving a shit about you or the next man along on that production line known as capitalism.
It stinks it really does :-(

mackenzie said:
de niro said:

You know what Bill?
That's why some of us hate the Tories. They make you buy into this 'work work save save save do the right thing' ethic that just smacks of them wanting the little working man to believe it all, vote for them election after election, without really giving a shit about you or the next man along on that production line known as capitalism.

As we all chase the mighty god of profit..........do we ever stop to think of those good people who fell at a hurdle. When is enough profit going to be enough and when do we start to think about our social responsibility.

mackenzie said:
de niro said:

You know what Bill?

this isn't a tory mess though, they were dropped in it by the liars that are the labour party. i'm not sure if the tories are putting it right quick enough, possibly they wont be in power long enough but nothing will take away the fact that labour caused this. its a 100% busier than when we had a labour government. my only worry is it that enough?

de niro said:
mackenzie said:
de niro said:

You know what Bill?

this isn't a tory mess though, they were dropped in it by the liars that are the labour party. i'm not sure if the tories are putting it right quick enough, possibly they wont be in power long enough but nothing will take away the fact that labour caused this. its a 100% busier than when we had a labour government. my only worry is it that enough?

Nothing will take away the fact that the Tories love to perpetuate the myth that a hard working class man, who does his best and adheres to their 'rules' will always be fine.

Now you see that he doesn't. It's a charade.

I'm sorry but that it's just how I feel. Seen it so many times throughout every recession.
The Tories are much better at swinging the scythe at the man who votes for them compared to a labour government.

de niro said:

Craggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.