the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
mackenzie said:
de niro said:
the recession is over, of course the big question is how much harm its done and can we recover before too many more firms go to the wall. a friend of mine has just had to close after 50 years trading in the carpet business. i'll be honest it's shit me up. he was a hardworking honest man, a family man who inherited the business off his father before him. i'm gutted for him. I realise I now have to work even harder cos as people in the trade are saying, if he can go under anyone can. mind there already have haven't they with the likes of woollies etc.

work to be done just yet.

You know what Bill?
That's why some of us hate the Tories. They make you buy into this 'work work save save save do the right thing' ethic that just smacks of them wanting the little working man to believe it all, vote for them election after election, without really giving a shit about you or the next man along on that production line known as capitalism.
It stinks it really does :-(

this isn't a tory mess though, they were dropped in it by the liars that are the labour party. i'm not sure if the tories are putting it right quick enough, possibly they wont be in power long enough but nothing will take away the fact that labour caused this. its a 100% busier than when we had a labour government. my only worry is it that enough?
Sorry about your friend's business but take the blinkers off about what caused the crisis. Yes Labour screwed things up and deserved to be kicked out but the financial crisis of 2008 which led to the recession was caused by the Banks ( admittedly with lack of proper supervision by Governments around the world ).

Eurozone forecasted to post +0.2% growth later this week the first positive numbers in 2 years.

Can't see real growth returning to eurozone for a while yet but if they do post a flat to small positive it will be yet another sign that the bottom has been reached. Inflation will continue to errode any good news being felt in the economies for a while yet.

stonerblue said:
So when will interest rates on savings go back up now we're on the up and up ???
When unemployment goes back below 7% or if inflationary pressures increase.

Not for a good 18 to 24 months at the earliest is my best guess.

SWP's back said:
stonerblue said:
So when will interest rates on savings go back up now we're on the up and up ???
When unemployment goes back below 7% or if inflationary pressures increase.

Not for a good 18 to 24 months at the earliest is my best guess.

So at least another 3 years of the banks using my money for rock all then. The fuckin dirty bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.