the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in business forty years and whilst there was a very bad downturn between 2008 and 2012, I'm now busier that I've ever been, pubs, restaurants are doing well, there's a lot of confidence about.

Mortgage rates are not going to stay low forever though, so anyone thinking of overstretching themselves to buy a fancy house need to bear this in mind.

Rates went as high as 15% for a while in the early 1990's.

I've been in business forty years and whilst there was a very bad downturn between 2008 and 2012, I'm now busier that I've ever been, pubs, restaurants are doing well, there's a lot of confidence about.

Mortgage rates are not going to stay low forever though, so anyone thinking of overstretching themselves to buy a fancy house need to bear this in mind.

No way the rates would get back up to 15% or probably any higher than 7% really my next mortgage is going to be a 5 to 10yr though just to avoid all the bumps up to brexit

I wouldn't say there's a lot of confidence about, but different industries and different people see things different ways. On the whole I'd say people are still very cautious and reluctant to take on more debt. Good news for Lidl and Aldi etc.

I wouldn't say there's a lot of confidence about, but different industries and different people see things different ways. On the whole I'd say people are still very cautious and reluctant to take on more debt. Good news for Lidl and Aldi etc.

Well obviously it depends what industry you are in, if you worked for BHS or were a coal miner I suppose you would see things differently. Regarding taking on more debt you should always be reluctant and cautious, even in the good times, any fool can borrow money, paying it back is a bit harder......:)

Regarding interest rates and mortgages never say never...always leave a bit in reserve, it's not nice living on beans and toast.

Well obviously it depends what industry you are in, if you worked for BHS or were a coal miner I suppose you would see things differently. Regarding taking on more debt you should always be reluctant and cautious, even in the good times, any fool can borrow money, paying it back is a bit harder......:)

Regarding interest rates and mortgages never say never...always leave a bit in reserve, it's not nice living on beans and toast.

Aye always make sure you have enough for some quality cheese, too.

Went British telecom went on strike that's exactly what we did live on.never touched them again till my late 20s

same here, well 35 years but never been busier. you go in to Manchester and the place is heaving. every type of outlet is hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.