the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously it depends what industry you are in, if you worked for BHS or were a coal miner I suppose you would see things differently. Regarding taking on more debt you should always be reluctant and cautious, even in the good times, any fool can borrow money, paying it back is a bit harder......:)

Regarding interest rates and mortgages never say never...always leave a bit in reserve, it's not nice living on beans and toast.
surely getting a fixed interest mortgage will save any problems

that's a little far fetched. I also don't do any form of credit. cash/debit and credit card only.

Far fetched?
What's far fetched about people taking out a loan, having the money put into their current account and then using their debit card to spend that money?
Just because you don't do credit it doesn't mean people aren't paying you with borrowed money!
For a business man you seem to have a rather fuzzy grasp of how personal finance works.

Far fetched?
What's far fetched about people taking out a loan, having the money put into their current account and then using their debit card to spend that money?
Just because you don't do credit it doesn't mean people aren't paying you with borrowed money!
For a business man you seem to have a rather fuzzy grasp of how personal finance works.

lol.

you don't know me very well do you. let me fill you in. I'm thick, I just sell a carpet or two and get paid. yes I struggle through life but I get by.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree bill, you've obviously arrived at the opinion that the uk economy is booming and everyone has secure, well paid jobs and huge amounts of disposable income.
Where as I see an economy that's barely being kept alive with endless money printing and "emergency" interest rates, record levels of personal debt, corporate debt, government debt, employment figures that are only made to look good thanks to all the 16 hour a week part time or "self employed" jobs on NMW and being subsidised by Tax Credits, GDP figures that are only being kept positive by inflating the population through immigration (big difference between GDP and GDP per capita)
A recent study found that a third of so called middle class professionals would have to resort to borrowing money if faced with an unexpected £500 bill... does that sound like we've got an economy in rude health to you?

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree bill, you've obviously arrived at the opinion that the uk economy is booming and everyone has secure, well paid jobs and huge amounts of disposable income.
Where as I see an economy that's barely being kept alive with endless money printing and "emergency" interest rates, record levels of personal debt, corporate debt, government debt, employment figures that are only made to look good thanks to all the 16 hour a week part time or "self employed" jobs on NMW and being subsidised by Tax Credits, GDP figures that are only being kept positive by inflating the population through immigration (big difference between GDP and GDP per capita)
A recent study found that a third of so called middle class professionals would have to resort to borrowing money if faced with an unexpected £500 bill... does that sound like we've got an economy in rude health to you?

As my Dad tells me - these kids don't know poor - They should have seen Collyhurst in 1946 and then they would know poor.

Its all relative. We didn't have an house phone until I was 10 and now all the kids have nike trainers and brand new I phones. I didn't go abroad until I was 15 most kids now go every summer. Very few families had 2 cars now it is the norm. People seem to have more money to me than they did 20 years ago.

I'm happy to loan the odd middle classer £500 at exorbitant interest rates. Hope that doesn't break the BM code of Conduct.

Joking aside - a lot of people are doing well for themselves and some (despite their best efforts) are not. I know this is stating the obvious but some of the statistics over state the problems in this Country. For example, I hear figures quoted for the growth in people using food banks, that is sad in itself. However, the growth in the numbers reflects that there were hardly any food banks for people to access in the past.

far fetched again. I have never thought or indeed posted anything towards this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.