The elephant in the room is Ya Ya Toure

---------Games--------Players >40 starts-----Players>30 starts
City--------59-------------------5--------------------11----------
United-----59-------------------3---------------------6-----------
Arsenal----58-------------------4---------------------9-----------
Chelsea----52-------------------6--------------------11---------
Spurs------53-------stats only showed total apps - only 6 players had 30+ total apps

Just out of interest. Chelsea has a very erratic season and went out the cups early. United were the most consistent and competed realistically for the most trophies.

I think we're absolutely right to get Nasri but then we should stop getting any more midfielders and strikers for now.

I still have a slight doubt about a- Lescott and b- if Lescott/Kompany get injured. I really do not want Kolo to be starting in the prem for us and Boyata and Savic are still not ready for a long run of games. Also, despite having a fantastic season I still have a slight concern about Richards. I'm sure he'll do a grand job though.

Whatever way I look at it, Yaya is not a problem.

Didsbury Dave said:
Interestingly, or worryingly, I was told last season by a first teamer that he largely comes in late for training and tells the staff what he'll do that day, rather than the other way round. This was an exagerated bitchy comment, of course, but was not a lie.

Oink, oink.

I am always fascinated by the number of first teamers that pop round DD's for tea, biscuits and a moan about all things City

"Another Wagon Wheel Gareth? Got them from Morrison's this morning. No? Anyway how was training. Everyone fit and in good spirits?"
"Well that sounds good. Now Gareth did you pass on that bit of tactical advice to Mancini as I asked because frankly I am not happy at the way things are going...sorry hold on I have to get that...Khaldoon! Thanks for getting back to me I've had some further thoughts. Yes. No. Listen, I know I said Jammy Dodgers but I just picked up some packs of Wagon Wheels and think they will be a better fit. I'll drop you an email with details. Whats that? Hey my pleasure no need to thank for the #ff on Twitter least I can do for a mate. Give my regards to the Sheikh and love to the wives"
"Ok Gareth where were we? Oh yes training. You look a bit troubled. There's a what? Elephant in the room? Seriously Gareth have a Wagon Wheel your blood sugar may be a bit low...Yaya? Ah I see. Hmmm. Bit of a Billy Big Bollocks. And an elephant. No elephant? Its an expression? I like it. I'll write that down. Now as for Yaya don't worry I'll put some replacement names forward to Khaldoon with the Wagon Wheel details and maybe ease Yaya out next season. If necessary I'll make a 'trunk' call to the Sheikh ha ha!....its a joke Gareth. It doesn't matter. Leave it to me and grab a pack or two of Wagon Wheels for the lads on your way out"

______________________Hart_____________________

Richards_______Kompany_____Lescott_________Clichy

___________Toure Yaya_____de Jong______________

Nasri_______________Aguero_________________Silva

___________________Dzeko______________________

S1 - Pantilimon
S2 - K.Toure
S3 - Zabaleta
S4 - Barry
S5 - Milner
S6 - A.Johnson
S7 - Balotelli

Vote Pughie for manager!

Adebayor said:
Simples

------------------Hart-------------------
Richards----Kompany--Lescott----Kolorov/Clichy
------------De Jong--YAYA---------------
-----------------Nasri-------------------
Balo/Aguero----------------------Silva
-----------Balo/Aguero/Dzecko-----------

I'm sure it will be something like this, with Yaya dropping back to his preferred DM role in place of milner/barry
balo and dzeko will not cut it out,no matter how many attackin mids we buy.We have to play aguero n tevez together and if tevez is leaving buy a wideman.

the thing that stops yaya being moved back to play with NDJ for me is gareth barry consistently showing that he is desperately needed. the only way this will change is if kolarov turns into the player we thought we were getting or clichy shows him how to attack and defend effectively.

Yaya is an unusually creative box to box midfielder. People only observe his marauding runs behind the midfield gap. However, he is a superbly creative midfielder when it's required.

Utter negligence. In a 4-2-3-1 he's the central supportive/attacking box to box. When he galavants, Nasri and Silva will sit back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.