The end of financial 'fair' play?

prairiemoon said:
What is the argument against salary caps?

My friends who don't follow football ask me this quite often.
Platini wouldn't want to reduce Real Madrid, theRags, Bayern, etc's chances of winning. What do you think FFP is, a level playing field? The established clubs wouldn't accept that.

prairiemoon said:
What is the argument against salary caps?

My friends who don't follow football ask me this quite often.

Salary caps would still help the big clubs.

If all players wages were capped at say 50,000 per week top players would still choose the clubs with most chance of winning something as this would probably have big bonuses attached in the contract..So the so called smaller clubs wouldnt havent a chance of winning owt...just as it is now..

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
When is the first reporting period?

And when do city release figures for this year?
The first reporting period was (for us) the financial year to 31st May 2012. Our results for this year get added to the ones for the current financial year to give the aggregate result for the first FFP monitoring period.

We'll release the figures probably mid-November. They won't be great but will be significantly better than last year's.

How can FFP possibly ever be fair?

'You can only spend what you're income generates'.
This is the basic principle right?

OK... If this was a premiership directive....
then they need to take the lowest stadium capacity. (Say Wigan) and exclude everything above it… for a level playing field

Then take the lowest match day entrance/season ticket (say Blackburn)
And use this as the benchmark that no club can exceed..

Then it is a level playing field and only then….

How can it be fair that Arsenal have 60k capacity and charge £100 per match, yet Wigan have 25k capacity and charge £20 per match... I've purposely excluded MUFC and their 76k capacity from this to illustrate the point of geographical distances.

Then factor in the 'European' differences... This Platini FFP idea is fundamentally flawed and would certainly be legally challenged immediately it used as a sanction against 'any' club.

levets said:
Then factor in the 'European' differences... This Platini FFP idea is fundamentally flawed and would certainly be legally challenged immediately it used as a sanction against 'any' club.

This could provide an interesting development in FFP. There is no way that the likes of Real and Barcelona are going ti be able to compete with English clubs if Spain falls out of the Euro.

I wonder if the rules will be adjusted if and when that happens? I imagine they will.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
levets said:

This could provide an interesting development in FFP. There is no way that the likes of Real and Barcelona are going ti be able to compete with English clubs if Spain falls out of the Euro.

I wonder if the rules will be adjusted if and when that happens? I imagine they will.

Yes but take it a stage further as well....
TV Deals... have to be shared equally, unlike the spanish deal.
Clubs cannot be supported by national banking institutions.. unlike the spanish!

FFP directive in no way could be described as fair. It is nothing more than a reaction to the arrival of MCFC at the top table... and it to stop it happening again.... nothing more than this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.