The end of financial 'fair' play?

Interesting:

LAUSANNE: Turkish club Bursaspor have struck a blow against UEFA’s financial fair play concept with a qualified victory against the European federation in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

CAS creates no precedents in terms of the Financial Fair Play regulations which enter into effect formally this year and which are designed to bring about financial stability within the upper level of the European club game.

However, once UEFA punishments for infringement of FFP start to bite, CAS could become clogged up with appeals – which could create all sorts of chaos in terms of the smooth running of both the Champions League and the Europa League.

Bursaspor had qualified for next season’s Europa League through finishing fifth in the Turkish championship play-offs.

However, a year earlier UEFA’s club financial control panel had indicated that Bursaspor’s European participation should be put in doubt because the club owed E300,000 in transfer fees.

UEFA’s own disciplinary and appeals bodies disagreed over how to deal with Bursaspor, which sent out a confused enough message over FFP in the first place. Ultimately the appeals board barred Bursaspor from European competition and imposed a suspended E50,000 fine.

Bursaspor appealed to CAS which, after a mutually-agreed fast-track hearing, upped the fine to E250,000 but suspended the competition ban for three years. Bursaspor can thus play in the Europa League next season though which other Turkish clubs may also compete in Europe remains uncertain because of fallout from the domestic matchfix saga.

levets said:
How can FFP possibly ever be fair?

'You can only spend what you're income generates'.
This is the basic principle right?

OK... If this was a premiership directive....
then they need to take the lowest stadium capacity. (Say Wigan) and exclude everything above it… for a level playing field

Then take the lowest match day entrance/season ticket (say Blackburn)
And use this as the benchmark that no club can exceed..

Then it is a level playing field and only then….

How can it be fair that Arsenal have 60k capacity and charge £100 per match, yet Wigan have 25k capacity and charge £20 per match... I've purposely excluded MUFC and their 76k capacity from this to illustrate the point of geographical distances.

Then factor in the 'European' differences... This Platini FFP idea is fundamentally flawed and would certainly be legally challenged immediately it used as a sanction against 'any' club.

Sums it all up really..

FFP is a way to safeguard the big clubs against any threat from a new club wanting to win premier league , nothing else , i liked the comments of kompany on twitter the other day , he talks sense

suarez7 said:
FFP is a way to safeguard the big clubs against any threat from a new club wanting to win premier league , nothing else , i liked the comments of kompany on twitter the other day , he talks sense

I will be the first to say it. THANKYOU Mr Platini

Man City thanks you and I thank you again

With FFP Man City are now trapped with the Elite.

To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league...........

BrandFinance® Football 50: City up 77%. Man City brand is worth nearly double what it was in 2011.<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brandfinance.com/images/upload/football_50_2012_press_release.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brandfinance.com/images/uplo ... elease.pdf</a>

jrb said:
BrandFinance® Football 50: City up 77%. Man City brand is worth nearly double what it was in 2011.<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brandfinance.com/images/upload/football_50_2012_press_release.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brandfinance.com/images/uplo ... elease.pdf</a>

I hesitate to say that the whole thing is bollox but how the hell did Aston Villa climb from 25th to 19th and increase their value by 27% after a spectacularly bad season.

I could also pick on Athletico Madrid who appear to have lost 43% of their brand value and plummeted from 19th to 45th after regaining the Europa League.

Then there is Juventus who lost 13% of the brand value and fell 6 places despite winning Serie A.

That is before I start with Tottenham putting 77% on their brand value after missig out on the CL and Liverpool who went up by 47%!

Yes I am saying that the whole thing is bollox!

morleyswife said:
suarez7 said:

I will be the first to say it. THANKYOU Mr Platini

Man City thanks you and I thank you again

With FFP Man City are now trapped with the Elite.

To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league To qualify for the champions league you have to spend money but to earn money you have to qualify for the champions league...........

It's called Catch 22, but I likewise thank Mr Twatini!!

As the EPPP have given our academy Category 1 grading (along with 8 other clubs), that'll mean a MINIMUM of £775,000 per year in the coffers too.

City Raider said:
Interesting:

LAUSANNE: Turkish club Bursaspor have struck a blow against UEFA’s financial fair play concept with a qualified victory against the European federation in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

CAS creates no precedents in terms of the Financial Fair Play regulations which enter into effect formally this year and which are designed to bring about financial stability within the upper level of the European club game.

However, once UEFA punishments for infringement of FFP start to bite, CAS could become clogged up with appeals – which could create all sorts of chaos in terms of the smooth running of both the Champions League and the Europa League.

Bursaspor had qualified for next season’s Europa League through finishing fifth in the Turkish championship play-offs.

However, a year earlier UEFA’s club financial control panel had indicated that Bursaspor’s European participation should be put in doubt because the club owed E300,000 in transfer fees.

UEFA’s own disciplinary and appeals bodies disagreed over how to deal with Bursaspor, which sent out a confused enough message over FFP in the first place. Ultimately the appeals board barred Bursaspor from European competition and imposed a suspended E50,000 fine.

Bursaspor appealed to CAS which, after a mutually-agreed fast-track hearing, upped the fine to E250,000 but suspended the competition ban for three years. Bursaspor can thus play in the Europa League next season though which other Turkish clubs may also compete in Europe remains uncertain because of fallout from the domestic matchfix saga.

I had this back from a rag on the subject

.Buraspor had been suspended, not banned, from European competition for 1 year & fined 50,000 euros by the UEFA Appeals Body on 30 May 2012 for overdue payables for transfer activities dating back to 2007. CAS have now stipulated that Bursaspor be excluded from one UEFA club competition for which it qualifies in the next four years, but that this exclusion is suspended for a probationary period of 3 years. The club was also fined €250,000As the following states, UEFA will not be undermined by CAS & While the grounds for this decision will be examined with great care by UEFA, once they are made available, UEFA reiterates that it will continue to enforce its rules on club licensing and financial fair play in a strict and fair manner, and with all necessary due diligence. UEFA is of the firm opinion that it is imperative for clubs to pay their debts to other football clubs, and will remain vigilant to ensure that this happens in accordance with the rules laid down in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play regulations. These basic principles of good conduct should be strongly supported, and not undermined, by any future rulings from CAS. This ruling by CAS therefore in no way affects the implementation of UEFA’s financial fair play rules, which UEFA will continue to implement both equitably and universally. UEFA underlines that the rules on club licensing and financial fair play have been supported by the entire European football community, and that compliance with the system is vital to safeguard the interests of clubs and players alike, as well as protecting the future sustainability of football in Europe..........the ruling is the same, suspended but on a probationary period & the fine was increased five fold. Don't go hedging your bets on the CAS helping City out with their failings, as FFP was agreed by all in principle in Sept. 2009, so every club knew what was what.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.