The end of financial 'fair' play?

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
Thanks for your considered opinion
No problem.

Both johnny crossan and I have had dealings with him and he just doesn't listen. His attitude is "I am right and you are wrong". As you can see from that piece, even when he's wrong he's right. I gave up.
Who is Ed Thompson?
He's some arrogant no-mark who writes shit about stuff he doesn't understand.

That's why FFR is not going to work:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.totalfootballforums.com/.../75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.totalfootballforums.com/.../75</a>

johnny crossan said:
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/manchester-city-s-2011-12-accounts-the-devil-is-in-the-detail

we are far from home and dry according to this bloke
That Utd fan has got his sums wrong.

financialfairplay.co.uk is a vindictive Platini worshiping UNOFFICIAL website run by a zealot... could be Ian Herbert's alter-ego as he is obsessed with FFP and wants us to fail.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Strange.

I can see no reference to the new TV deal, the new Nike kit deal or our plans for expansion.

He does spend a great deal of time saying how great his predictions were and if they were wrong it's because City cooked the books, presumably in order to frustrate him.

This line near the end was quite telling too:

Given the club’s stated confidence in their ability to meet the FFP criteria, it will be interesting to see what other techniques the club uses to get themselves over the line

Not that he's got an axe to grind or 'owt.
The Utd fan, on his assumptions, fails to take into account additional revenue for this year and next on:

Etihad deal increases due to hitting targets (PL winners)
New TV deal for next year (some £30-40m plus)
Any additional commercial partners
Any additional matchday income given increases in SC prices and single match tickets
The new corporate areas starting next season
The planned expansion
The new Nike deal which I had a pm stating would more than double our annual income from the old Umbro deal.

He also has no idea what a related party transaction is.

Here is a post from the City release accounts thread. I believe my figures to be quite accurate though PB is still the go to man on accounts:

We are at -£100m, but £80m of that can be discounted on wages, a further £15m on youth and infrastructure.

So in MP1, we are actually at £-5m so far

In the second part of MP1 (including this season), our wage bill should drop by around 20-30m on players not being utilised any more and those sold in summer '12. (so last years £80m drops to say £50m (pre 2010 contracts still with us) and by a further £15m on infrastructure to £15m for FFP purposes).

Allied to that is the decrease in amortisation costs and increases (for this season based on clauses in our commercial partnerships now we are Champions) will drop that £15m figure down below £10m for next season (-£15m in total for MP1) at the very most for FFP purposes.

MP2 will be a piece of cake with a 50% rise in TV rights (£40m+), expected new commercial partnerships (such as Nike bringing a further £10m per year to the table). I fully expect us to see a profit next season of £20-30m ) or as near as damn it) which would mean a profit of £5m-£15m for FFP monitoring purposes for MP2.

All that is without growing our commercial and match day revenues at the same pace as the previous two years. The above also assumes a modest increase in some of our costs over the next two years.

Book mark this for two years time.

edit: Just reading your post again damocles, it looks to me as though you are counting the first two monitoring periods very strangely like this:

MP1 - last season and this (with pre 2010 allowance)
MP2 - last season (no allowance), this season (no allowance) and next season

When it is:

MP1 - last season and this (with pre 2010 allowance)
MP2 - last season (with allowance), this season (with allowance) and next season (no allowance)

For avoidance of doubt over the monitoring periods:

[bigimg]http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/resources/ffp%20grid.jpg[/bigimg]

I shall await PB killing this post no doubt.

Champions2012! said:
Well Malaga is out, what's the difference between their spending and ours? Is it because we have higher income?

Malaga have been banned from European competition for at least one season because of unpaid bills.

Prestwich_Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Yes he is. He's fucking clueless.
Thanks for your considered opinion
No problem.

Both johnny crossan and I have had dealings with him and he just doesn't listen. His attitude is "I am right and you are wrong". As you can see from that piece, even when he's wrong he's right. I gave up.

"As you can see, there is a 50m descrepency between my prediction and the actual figure, but this isnt as much as it sounds and means I'm still technically right anyway".

That bloke destroyed all credibility by stating Etihad is a related party. FFS how hard can it be for these self proclaimed experts to understand FRS8 and the fact that UEFAs definition mirrors this. Its fecking tiresome and this alone makes me homicidal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.