The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Reading between the lines mate I get the feeling you’ve fallen foul of parking regulations recently !!

Only ever had one parking ticket and it was off a third party on a Sainsbury's car park. I just feel we'd be better off with less governance in this country. Always some faceless **** wanting to rob money or make life harder for you in UK, and we've all been scared into subordination.

If a small group of us took it to the council on the ground i.e keep vandalising all their signs and parking lines, they'd back off eventually as it would cost them too much in maintenance. Most of the new parking restrictions don't even affect so called residents. It's been done to fuck as many people over as possible with no thought. Sad little button pushers sat in council office jobs hungry over power. Any of us would slash their fucking necks if they tried to take us on in person, the police can also get it as well if they want to get involved. We ain't got too much to shout about or enjoy in this country as it is, before these kill joy cunts get their useless little heads involved in stuff that doesn't impact them.

The parking today was a joke. Usual spot on ashton new road was full. Not helped by people leaving half a car length between the car in front. Could have fit another load of cars in if people had parked properly. Had to use one of the local businesses to park. But they've whacked their prices up now due to the supply and demand. They really are trying to make it impossible for fans to go watch a match.

The bus is not an option for us. As someone has stated they will accommodate around 1000 people. What do they expect the other 50odd thousand to do?

The parking today was a joke. Usual spot on ashton new road was full. Not helped by people leaving half a car length between the car in front. Could have fit another load of cars in if people had parked properly. Had to use one of the local businesses to park. But they've whacked their prices up now due to the supply and demand. They really are trying to make it impossible for fans to go watch a match.

The bus is not an option for us. As someone has stated they will accommodate around 1000 people. What do they expect the other 50odd thousand to do?
Isnt Ashton New Road like the rest of the nearby roads ie restricted parking & 90 minute maximum? Lots parking there today certainly but didn’t see any tickets on windscreens

Isnt Ashton New Road like the rest of the nearby roads ie restricted parking & 90 minute maximum? Lots parking there today certainly but didn’t see any tickets on windscreens
I didn't notice any signs to be honest I just assumed it was the same as it has always been. Maybe it is. That means £10 parking on top of everything else from now on. Brilliant.

No wonder there’s more and more empty seats these days.
£60 for a ticket, £5-£10 parking, petrol money.
At least £80 to watch one game of football.
That’s for one person, you’re fucked if it’s a family.
Usually 3 or 4 games a month too.
Ridiculous.
And that's why I chose to give it up after 25 years.
There should be a reliable Park and Ride service for games - it should have been devised for the Commonwealth Games with large parking areas and closures of lanes into the stadium area.
I like the idea of getting cars off the road, but Burnham doesn't actually have a plan to do that he simply thinks we can be like London by painting buses yellow!!!

I didn't notice any signs to be honest I just assumed it was the same as it has always been. Maybe it is. That means £10 parking on top of everything else from now on. Brilliant.
Think you best be prepared!! But depends on if you want to risk it because they're going to need a lot of wardens to cover all those roads!!

Walking back after the game noticed that none of the vehicles that had parked up in these new bays in Clayton had been issued a parking ticket, however numerous parking tickets issued to vehicle that had taken a chance and parked on the new double yellow lines.
I was talking to some residents this week on the estate opposite the ground, they have not had the new permit information yet. Until they do they cant go ahead with the scheme as they don't know who should be parked there, they have been told its first week of March. (I parked outside of zone today just to be safe not worth the ticket for an extra 500 yards)

The information they have been given on how it will work is, it will be 2 permits per address, both cars have to be registered at address. 2 permanent visitor permits for cars not registered at that address (for family/ carers etc) and 10 one day passes a year, which will have to be done online with vehicle reg on the day. The fact they want the registrations of vehicle makes me think CCTV vans are going to be used. However one resident said they were told in a local meeting, that they are taking on another 120 traffic wardens to cover the whole area and they will be starting the week the arena opens.

Not sure how much of this info is correct, as its word of mouth but had a good chat to a few, and they all said same sort of thing.

I was talking to some residents this week on the estate opposite the ground, they have not had the new permit information yet. Until they do they cant go ahead with the scheme as they don't know who should be parked there, they have been told its first week of March. (I parked outside of zone today just to be safe not worth the ticket for an extra 500 yards)

The information they have been given on how it will work is, it will be 2 permits per address, both cars have to be registered at address. 2 permanent visitor permits for cars not registered at that address (for family/ carers etc) and 10 one day passes a year, which will have to be done online with vehicle reg on the day. The fact they want the registrations of vehicle makes me think CCTV vans are going to be used. However one resident said they were told in a local meeting, that they are taking on another 120 traffic wardens to cover the whole area and they will be starting the week the arena opens.

Not sure how much of this info is correct, as its word of mouth but had a good chat to a few, and they all said same sort of thing.
Had a similar conversation with a resident on Coatbridge Street in Clayton before the Burnley game, so there must be some truth in this

Only ever had one parking ticket and it was off a third party on a Sainsbury's car park. I just feel we'd be better off with less governance in this country. Always some faceless **** wanting to rob money or make life harder for you in UK, and we've all been scared into subordination.

If a small group of us took it to the council on the ground i.e keep vandalising all their signs and parking lines, they'd back off eventually as it would cost them too much in maintenance. Most of the new parking restrictions don't even affect so called residents. It's been done to fuck as many people over as possible with no thought. Sad little button pushers sat in council office jobs hungry over power. Any of us would slash their fucking necks if they tried to take us on in person, the police can also get it as well if they want to get involved. We ain't got too much to shout about or enjoy in this country as it is, before these kill joy cunts get their useless little heads involved in stuff that doesn't impact them.
Couldn’t agree more with the general gist of what you say. Law abiding decent citizens are a soft target for these type of cunts who would for example slyly watch a nice middle aged lady casually throw a tiny cigarette butt away and then heavy handedly and without compromise issue her with a £100 fine yet would watch a big skinhead piss all over a shop window and just walk on by without doing anything.

That said, I’d probably stop short of slashing their neck were they to collar me for something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.